Tailgate lights on, engine off

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
bobbi12
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by bobbi12 »

I have just gone outside and noticed my qashqai 2013 has got it's tailgate lights on but just the lights at the back? It was fine earlier and have not used the car today. Any ideas why? I have disconnected the battery for tonight as I need the car tomorrow, hopefully that is OK to do?

bobbi12

Post by bobbi12 »

Wow, overwhelmed with the responses thank you 😉. Today I drove the car and the anti skid orange light came on too as well as the "off sign" next to it. I cannot also use the cruise control and disables it if I try to use it. I have also noticed again tonight the tailgate lights have come on after dark?
humbos
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by humbos »

Sorry can't help on this one but maybe it has a problem with body control unit. These tend to give weird faults. Maybe book it in for a diagnostic check with a reputable dealer. Post back when you get to the bottom of it.
2018 j11b Tekna 1.5dci in storm white.
All standard apart from Transend dashcam.
Noddy1875

Post by Noddy1875 »

If it were just the rear lights on, I'd think maybe dodgy earth. But after what's happened today I'd think it's more serious than that.

As suggested, get a diagnostic check done.
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Look into getting a new battery fitted.
be4morgan
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by be4morgan »

Will it be better if you have it check by a professional, it may be due to the battery but I won't guarantee you that replacing it will resolve the issue.
bobbi12

Post by bobbi12 »

Thanks all. It seems to be this problem (see article below) after much searching online as my cruise control is affected. I cannot get an appointment at a garage before 3 Jan which is a pain, I just need to source the part if anyone knows a good website where I can just put in my car model and try and fix it myself.
I would bet you $5 your relay is not the issue and is fine. The little stopper caps/bushings dry out over time, crack, then fall out. You should be able to see my replacement in the photo... one is for cruise control brake cutoff and one is for the brake light itself. When the cruise control one cracks you wont be able to engage cruise because the car will think you are braking, and when the brake one falls off the brake lights will constantly be on. Get under the console with a coin, hit the brake, and shove a coin in there. That will temporary turn the brakelights off - the coin will fall out when you drive though, so only a temporary solution.

This is the part you need if you want to do it by the book: Nissan 46512-H0101 OEM Rubber Stopper for Brake Light - You can see by my photo the green nob looking thing. You also should be able to see in my photo my homemade contraption. I took a plastic wine cork and cut 2 slivers out. I threaded one through a small screw and popped that in the cap, and then screwed the other sliver on the other end. It does the same thing as the cap and cost me $0.
... UTF8&psc=1.

here is the link to the photo - http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... ig5zef.png

Micki71
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Micki71 »

Does anyone know how this problem was finally solved? I have the exact same problem, except for that rear lights are not fully on, but are flickering sort of thing. My car is a Qashqai 2010, 2.0 l, gasoline.