4 years in the new QQ tecna completed

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
bovinemoney

Post by bovinemoney »

Just completed 4 years in the QQ tecna (new edition pre facelift) I bought in Oct 2014.

The car did not let me down once in 4 years, always started. As it's my company car and a diesel, I will be selling and buying a petrol (not ready for electric yet). But I am not putting another QQ on the list. Which is a shame as in some ways it's a sensible choice.

Plus points:
==========
- super reliable (had 4 BMWs before the QQ with hit and miss results), never broke down, never failed through wind and snow, just keeps going like a tank, could always count on it, that's important. Mileage done was not that much, about 80000km and included many trips to Germany, Holland and a couple to Italy and France. Hey mister taxman, up yours!
- So easy to drive
- Great mileage (5L/100km average)
- Boot space and ergonomics thereof/easy to put down back seats
- auto folding mirrors. Handy and cool.

Negative points: (will be more of these but only because I will go into detail)
=============
- No updates to the tech. I genuinely thought thought there were going to be lots of updates, such as introducing Spotify etc. This was falsely advertised.
- The pay only SAT NAV update. What the... Don't do this!
- The tech and bluetooth not always 100%
- Rain sensor wind screen wipers had me almost ripping the level off sometimes (well, in my mind). Really bad. Just switched it off in the end, it had no idea if it was raining hard or not, so random.
- Seats not the most comfortable? This is a bit mean perhaps. They are not uncomfortable per se but for the top spec, would have expected better.
- the car stereo - truly appalling. Admittedly I am a bit of an audiophile but my wife isn't and she would agree with me on this
- DAB - hardly every worked, expected a lot more.
- Have a 1st and second gear clutch stutter. The whole car shakes when accelerating in those gears with the clutch shudder. This happened in the last year, was ok first 3 (ish). Will have to see about this with the dealer but they will try and charge me for this and I don't want to drop cash on this as selling soon.
- SAT NAV not the best.
- Screen quality - in fact the whole 'infotainment' could have been so much better but maybe we have made a lot of progress since 2014.

That's about it for now. I am very happy I bought it, I wanted something reliable, economical and fun to drive, it ticked all those boxes. It didn't cost a fortune, it did its job with some annoyances along the way but to be expected for a car in this price range.

Shame the Xtrail isn't really an upgrade and also a shame the new version of the QQ is not really that improved from what I have seen. As I have a set of winter alloys and tyres, I could have stayed in this ecosystem but not with the negative points above. I didn't mention another very negative point above as its not really related to the car but the service from Nissan Belgium is really terrible. And that's already enough to put you off for life.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

After 4 years, you should know it's spelt "TEKNA"!!
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
trout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by trout »

Good to hear in four years you had no DPF problems.
S.
Had a 2017 1.5 dci Accenta premium with pan roof and vision pack. Now have 2020 1.3 Tekna .