Nissan Insurance

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
gtc

Post by gtc »

Hi All!Having to change my insurance obviously on the change of cars.....just wondered if anyone has, or has experience, of Nissan's own insurance as noticed it in the 'order pack'??Thanks!

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Called for a quote....over 150 quid more than other quotes ... no thanks
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Yep, generally more expensive, like gap insurance, its pray is on the gullible and people who want an easy ride/not ring around. Cant remember now who underwrites it or if 'Nissan Insurance' is a trading name for a Broker
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Quote was at least £200 more expensive than some of the other main stream suppliers and didn't cover as much so said thanks and no thanks.Off topic but related.Does anyome know why insurers who use the same under writers come up with wildly varying quotes for the same car in the same area with the same level of cover?I find the same with house insurance as well.
Nissan no more...
Deleted User 759

[quote="AlleyCat"]Does anyome know why insurers who use the same under writers come up with wildly varying quotes for the same car in the same area with the same level of cover?I find the same with house insurance as well.[/QUOTE]
Yes, the same insurance "product" could be discounted differently compared to where you buy it from. IE the same product could be cheaper from comparethemarket.com compared to moneysupermarket.com because the broker has offered more of a discount to CTM. If its between different insurance companies, then they will craft a product to a specific type of person/car that they want on their books. This is why you can get quotes for many thousands from one company to a couple of hundred from another. The reason why they offer a stupid price is because if they *refuse* insurance they would have to note it which has a disastrous effect on your premium, so they load it so you don't take it. You will also get some insurance companies massively undercutting others (probably at a loss) to get the business to fill up their books or in the hope that some people take the bolt on extras.
gtc

Post by gtc »

Thanks all....saved me the bother of approaching and wasting time!!
saltylips

Post by saltylips »

Hi,I was quoted £60 less than my current provider, which was already a good deal - will be switching once the current contract expires.This was also including another driver and 8k miles business insurance. Maybe i got lucky.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Hi Splank.I was thinking more along the lines of a direct line / privilege scenario.Same company, same underwriter, direct quotes from both differed for the same policy.There wasn't a "middle man" like the meerkats involved.I guess it might just be like you say about filling up books in certain demographics.
Nissan no more...
Deleted User 759

[quote="AlleyCat"]Hi Splank.I was thinking more along the lines of a direct line / privilege scenario.Same company, same underwriter, direct quotes from both differed for the same policy.There wasn't a "middle man" like the meerkats involved.I guess it might just be like you say about filling up books in certain demographics.[/QUOTE]
All an insurance product is a base price with a number of % loading markers that will either push up or push down the price you pay. It could be that all the markers are the same, but DL have a higher discount marker compared to Privilege, its as simple as that (although the loading is a closely guarded commercially sensitive bit of complex data!). None of it makes logical sense from the buyers POV, seems crazy that the same product from the same underwriter could return a different value if you buy from Company B instead of A, but when you work in the background it all clicks together :) It could also be that the product has slightly different terms. IE one may offer a curt car built in, where as the other company may only offer it as a bolt on package.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Couldn't see an obvious difference on the quotes other than the price on each "unit" when broken down differed slightly.The language looks the same and if it wasn't for the letter head i would have struggled to tell the difference.Oddly for the first time ever in my life direct line was the cheaper quote of the two - maybe it's just an age thing
Nissan no more...