Latest connect / infotainment question

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Pure RedQ, can you clarify your comment on the “European Counterpart” comment please. As far as I know here we get a “Spec” difference lower than the UK, so we pay more and the introduction is later here.
I live in Berlin and have been awaiting a Test Drive in the new QQ J11B 1,3L 160PS with the new DCT 7 Speed Gearbox and with the new Nissan Connect System. As you mentioned I also read, specify and check what I want, I have still no Paper Brochure in my hand, but have searched the websites, read the Forum comments, read the Nissan Online Brochures German & UK and there are so many variations on the new QQ because the additions are still apparently being added to complete the Final Version. Our Sales Guy as you have also mentioned knows that I know more than him and until the “Full QQ” is there, there is “No Deal”, no Order until a Test Drive has been completed with THE QQ.
The Canadian QQ and the US Rogue’s as far as I know are Japanese manufactured and with the bigger engine 2,0L, still CVT Gearbox but with more “Bells & Whistles”.
A neighbour here has just bought a new J11B model but when I spoke to him it had the old 1,2L Motor, all the older Specs as he knew no better - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

cjunaid
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by cjunaid »

Hi Chaps

Adding further to the discussion, I collected up my Qashqai on 18th December 2019 , way past the 13th December batch so I should have had the new console and Android Auto but I didn't. Even the manual sold along with the car explains Android Auto which I am sure was printed recently for the new batch. Upon arguing and looking for an answer, finally Nissan Customer Services admitted that my car's body was manufactured way before the actual 1.3 dig-t engine was launched. So basically they used the old body and shuffed the new engine in to clear the stock. I don't mind that however I wasn't informed of this and my local Romford dealer sold the car saying that it had Android Auto, later confirmed over the phone by customer services initially. I also found out that the staff at the dealer are clearly not trained to deal with technical and Geeky customers. Everytime I asked a question to do with tech they were like " ohh sorry Mr Junaid we are not that tech savy and we don't know what this is".

Chaps I clearly think we have a case and if we raise our voices together, it will certainly have an impact and ombudsman is clearly the way to go. Simon please check your DM as I have passed my details to you if you need to contact me for any sort of support. Fully backing you up on this one as I classify this as mis-sold.

Regards
Junaid
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Yet another example of why I'm never going to buy a new car again unless its a total bargain deal, like my current QQ Tekna that a paid about £22k brand new.
cjunaid wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:41 am Hi Chaps

Adding further to the discussion, I collected up my Qashqai on 18th December 2019 , way past the 13th December batch so I should have had the new console and Android Auto but I didn't. Even the manual sold along with the car explains Android Auto which I am sure was printed recently for the new batch. Upon arguing and looking for an answer, finally Nissan Customer Services admitted that my car's body was manufactured way before the actual 1.3 dig-t engine was launched. So basically they used the old body and shuffed the new engine in to clear the stock. I don't mind that however I wasn't informed of this and my local Romford dealer sold the car saying that it had Android Auto, later confirmed over the phone by customer services initially. I also found out that the staff at the dealer are clearly not trained to deal with technical and Geeky customers. Everytime I asked a question to do with tech they were like " ohh sorry Mr Junaid we are not that tech savy and we don't know what this is".

Chaps I clearly think we have a case and if we raise our voices together, it will certainly have an impact and ombudsman is clearly the way to go. Simon please check your DM as I have passed my details to you if you need to contact me for any sort of support. Fully backing you up on this one as I classify this as mis-sold.

Regards
Junaid