Latest connect / infotainment question

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
leroy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by leroy »

I had a recent communication with nissan and they mentioned that it is impossible to swap my nissan connect system with the latest one because of compatibility issues. The car will not recognize it.... Don't know.... If someone makes any further progress, please let us know

PCBatman

Post by PCBatman »

Thank you for highlighting this problem, I've contacted my supplier this morning to make sure I don't have this issue. I'm sure I won't as mines not coming till March but you never know what's sitting around at the production line already completed that's just being held back.

Please keep us updated on your progress and hopefully it gets resolved :D
Tekna + 1.3DIG-T 140PS Vivid Blue
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Do you think this is by accident or deliberate? No need to answer.

If any car manufacturer made a car fully upgradeable, they would lose so many sales they would collapse into liquidation. So they do the opposite and make the car non-upgradeable, so you have to keep buying another car. Very bad for the environment and the world as a whole. But it does keep people in jobs.
leroy wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:55 pm I had a recent communication with nissan and they mentioned that it is impossible to swap my nissan connect system with the latest one because of compatibility issues. The car will not recognize it.... Don't know.... If someone makes any further progress, please let us know
Noddy1875
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Noddy1875 »

Daewar wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:18 pm Do you think this is by accident or deliberate? No need to answer.

If any car manufacturer made a car fully upgradeable, they would lose so many sales they would collapse into liquidation. So they do the opposite and make the car non-upgradeable, so you have to keep buying another car. Very bad for the environment and the world as a whole. But it does keep people in jobs.
leroy wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:55 pm I had a recent communication with nissan and they mentioned that it is impossible to swap my nissan connect system with the latest one because of compatibility issues. The car will not recognize it.... Don't know.... If someone makes any further progress, please let us know
Is it even true ? Or are they just saying it to get rid of you or because they don't know ?

Only real world way of finding out is to "borrow" a new head unit & fit it to a j11a car.
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

As Gel has mentioned this subject was most probably one of the longest Posts on this Forum. As you both seem to be New Members if you have not already read this it might well be worth a look at to get some more facts - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6067&hilit=P+using ... 210#p61583
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
leroy

Post by leroy »

On the website of Nissan here, they mention that nissanconnect with android auto and CarPlay comes as standard for every Qashqai edition above Acenta. I purchased the N- connecta look edition so it should be pre installed. Yesterday they updated prices of the site and they added 500 euro to my edition. So the sales manager insists that it's a different version more expensive, event though there was not that option on the day of my purchase.
So finally when I was informed that there would be a compatibility issue with the new screen on my car, I said that I am willing to pay the 500 euro extra in order to install it. The sales manager stoped for a few seconds and replied that at the moment it is not possible but maybe after a few months they will find a patch to make that possible......
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Ask for your deposit back & go buy something else, well that's what I would do. It's not like there is a shortage of cars out there.
leroy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:02 pm On the website of Nissan here, they mention that nissanconnect with android auto and CarPlay comes as standard for every Qashqai edition above Acenta. I purchased the N- connecta look edition so it should be pre installed. Yesterday they updated prices of the site and they added 500 euro to my edition. So the sales manager insists that it's a different version more expensive, event though there was not that option on the day of my purchase.
So finally when I was informed that there would be a compatibility issue with the new screen on my car, I said that I am willing to pay the 500 euro extra in order to install it. The sales manager stoped for a few seconds and replied that at the moment it is not possible but maybe after a few months they will find a patch to make that possible......
leroy

Post by leroy »

I like the car so I don't want to take it back. It's embarrassing though that they don't admit they are wrong and they have caused all that inconvenience. Not the best way to start a cooperation with a new client....
And I am talking about Nissan as company and not specifically for the local dealer. He tried to clarify the situation on the head quarters.
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

This is a sham. Similar to the ongoing debacle about the handsfree controls on the steering wheel that has rumbled on around the world. I am not due an upgrade for about 18 months but I will seriously consider my position in terms of new car when the time comes if Nissan continue with what amounts to false advertising. I am currently assisting a friend in buying a new QQ and have pinned the dealer already. They are under no illusion. When the car arrives they are to confirm BEFORE we arrive to take ownership that there is a new infotainment system and it demonstrably does have Android Auto capability. I have also said that we want it demonstrated whilst we stand and watch. If at all there is any doubt we will be signing nothing and walking away. There are official and unofficial marketing videos and reviews up on YouTube all of which make mention of these new features. includes new gear box and 1.3l engine etc, etc. I do not understand why our European counterpart and those who have the Rogue in North America get these things without a problem pretty much whilst in the UK we either don't get or have to bang on before Nissan pay due attention. Android Auto and Apple Car have been standard on so many cars over the past few years around the world. I can not understand why not here.

The other annoying thing is that too many sales people at the dealerships know almost nothing about their product. I make it my business to gen up on all aspects of anything I buy whether it be a TV or car. How is that with people making what is likely their second or third largest financial investment some sales staff don't even spare the time to perhaps flick through the brochure.

I don't know how many times I've sat with other customers discussing cars and then been asked if I actually work for the company! No its because I NEED to know something about what I am buying. RANT OVER. NISSAN TAKE NOTE PLEASE>
leroy

Post by leroy »

I was unsuspicious about the infotainment system. It was a standard for me that it will be the new one. Never imagined that there was a possibility of getting an older one. So from the very first time the problem was that they were advertising it as standard equipment for my cars edition...