Space for the dog

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Neil_tee

Post by Neil_tee »

Hi all,

New to the forum. I ordered my gunmetal tekna CVT back in Feb and still hoping for a June delivery. One thing that has been a constant nag on my mind has been the size and shape of the boot. Initially I thought it would be fine but after another closer look in the showroom I'm more concerned that my Labrador may struggle to fit in the boot. Anyone else have a medium sized dog and the new QQ (with dog guard)?

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Try this www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/forum/dog-t ... c487.htmlI have the 'tube' The only problem with it is that it takes up the back seat but it is excellent other than that. Our kids have long gone so for us the perfect solution.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Neil_tee

Post by Neil_tee »

Thanks for the advice. I have the same issue with regard 2 kids so back seats are required. Its not the depth thats the issue, its the sloping roof which I didn't consider. I guess if she lays down (Lola btw) it will be fine but she may not be able to stand with the boot closed. We do occasional long trips and we could fit everything in the roofbox which was the compromise but as I said, now having 2nd thoughts.I guess it would be strange to rock up to a Nissan dealership and ask if the dog could test out the boot. I've ordered the car from new car discount anyway.Neil_tee2014-05-14 10:29:11
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

I wouldn't worry about that, I turned up with my lads trials cycle the day after having a test drive and asked if I could try that in the back of the car with the rear seats down. If they want to sell it and that is one of your requirements that the car you buy can accomodate a dog then they have to let you try for size otherwise you'll just go elsewhere and in this dog eat dog world they call really ill afford to lose custom over a simple request. I just made sure the bike was clean and we were super careful lifting it in and out - I guess the same goes for your dog
Wheelie Bealie2014-05-14 11:38:46
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Agree.They let me put kids seats in the test vehiciles.I just gave them the courtesy of putting down protection to stop the seats getting marked.I'd have thought if you rock up with a clean dog and protect the car from hair and scratches on entry/exit they'd agree to let you do such a thing.
Nissan no more...
mgrolys

Post by mgrolys »

NeilI swapped from an X trail to a Qashqai and found my cage was too big for the new boot so have had to get a dog guard (adjustable one from Halfords - fits great) and this accommodates my Lab no problem (have also removed the parcel shelf). She loves it and to be honest I don't miss having the cage in the car.
1.6 dci Tekina 4x4 - loving it :-)
Neil_tee

Post by Neil_tee »

thanks for the advice.
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I'd love to get away with keeping the dog in the boot, but alas the Mrs. won't hear of it - when the new QQ arrives, it'll be back seats down and a load of space for the spoilt pooch to wander about in....
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Oldjdub

Post by Oldjdub »

I too thought the boot would be bigger in the QQ than my previous Ford Focus & Bailey my 2 year old chocolate Labrador would have the benefit of a larger crate to lounge in. However the sloping of the back seat and the tailgate mean that there is less room for his existing crate and means I can only accommodate it by laying down the larger of the two rear seats.
I have checked out numerous web sites for a suitable crate but as yet have failed to find one that fits. If anyone knows of a company that manufactures a large crate suitable for Bailey's comfort and that fits the new QQ with the seats in the upright position I would be very interested in their details.
Thanks and woof woof in anticipation.
Oldjdub
Andy

Post by Andy »

I doubt there's one out yet specifically for the QQ but there are company's that make 'bespoke' cages the down side is they are very expensive for what they are, just google "bespoke dog cage"unless that is you have a friend who can weld...then your quids in
1.6d, Tenka, CVT, storm white, order feb, Due 3rd July updated to 26 jun