Car Not Well, Back With Dealers

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Scarletlancer

Post by Scarletlancer »

I broke down at traffic lights in rush hour in a very dangerous position. Managed to limp about 1/4 mile to a safe location, not the ideal start to my ownership, not had the car a week yet!!
Once in a safer location the following faults were showing on the dash:Chassis control system faultStart/Stop system fault System FaultAlso the car was shuddering quite badly and there was very minimal power, (the car would not go above 2500 rpm).I called the RAC as instructed by the dealership.The dealership said that if the RAC found no fault, they should disconnect the neg terminal from the battery. The RAC plugged in his machine and found fault "P061A, internal control module target performance." He tried to reset the fault with his technical wizardry to no avail. He then disconnected the battery. Doing this he found that the connection was not even one 1/4 turn of the spanner tight. In addition he picked up a pool of oil on top of the engine well away from the filler cap.Once the battery was reconnected the fault was cleared. Nice guy followed me to the dealership in case the fault reoccurred.I have been told the car will be put on a diagnostic test first thing in the morning. Dealership have promised to call me with an update by lunchtime tomorrow.As you can all imagine I am not a happy bunny.
Tekna 1.2 Dig-T Pearl Black.

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

One embarrassed garage I hope, they are seriously at fault it seems.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Scarletlancer

Post by Scarletlancer »

PeterL, the dealership are mortified. The faults with the car are down to Nissan UK, although the dealer has to fix the problems.
Scarletlancer

Post by Scarletlancer »

My car was returned to me yesterday and I was told that the loose battery terminal was the culprit.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I have posted a comment about a loose battery terminal on our second car on another post. Looks like everyone needs to check their terminals next time the bonnet is lifted. As other posts have picked out, there seems to be a lack of checking for tightness on a few items either at manufacture or PDI at the dealers. I just hope this does not apply to other parts like steering, brakes etc.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

I'm getting a bit concerned with the volume of vehicles on here that now have had minor, to quite major, issues with what i'd consider to be "finger tight" fixtures and fittings.I've found a couple of other "plastic type torx screws" that weren't tight as well as my ongoing battle with the dashboard rattle (which i now think is the passenger doorcard and dash end cap coming into contact).Certainly the strip of foam i've stuck between them has settled it down.I'm also not 100% convinced about how well the dash "bulkhead" itself is fastened to the car.It seems to have a lot of "play" in it, which isn't causing any issues but my last few cars didn't have the sort of give this one does.I really need to see a couple of others in the flesh, dealer trip probably, to see if i'm getting paranoid or not.On the positive side, the car just did some major miles for the first time, and hefted some 6 foot concrete posts about with no complaints.I also got well over 50mpg on a run at *ahem* motorway speeds.Edit: If anyone has to remove the endcap to get at the "fuse" diagram, can they confirm if the part where it clips in is secured all around or if, as on mine, the end nearest the "bulkhead" and door A pillar is free hanging.It doesn't look "right" but i can't find anywhere that it would secure to so it might just be that way.
AlleyCat2014-05-21 13:42:36
Nissan no more...
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Another common one is the rubber strips above the rear doors coming loose with those flimsy push rivets. Over the weekend I did a similar modification to a neighbours Premium Edition Tekna as I did to mine. Take off the rubbers put some Tiger Glue to the hole, refit the rubbers pushing the rivets through the Tiger Glue, they will not come out again. I have also done this to the similar long rubbers at the bottom of the front doors. They are all totally firm now.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Scarletlancer"]PeterL, the dealership are mortified. The faults with the car are down to Nissan UK, although the dealer has to fix the problems.
[/QUOTE]I beg to differ, a loose battery terminal should surely have been spotted during the PDI? I appreciate that this could have resulted in some major damage to the car, or worse, so not too many would want to hold their hand up and admit to it, but to pass the buck is not the solution. Perhaps it was, but I certainly wouldn't have been happy with the garage in this instance.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="AlleyCat"]Edit: If anyone has to remove the endcap to get at the "fuse" diagram, can they confirm if the part where it clips in is secured all around or if, as on mine, the end nearest the "bulkhead" and door A pillar is free hanging.It doesn't look "right" but i can't find anywhere that it would secure to so it might just be that way.[/QUOTE]Can you enlighten me, where is that endcap? I'm still looking for a good place to find a 'switched' 12v supply for my incar-CCTV.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="AlleyCat"]Edit: If anyone has to remove the endcap to get at the "fuse" diagram, can they confirm if the part where it clips in is secured all around or if, as on mine, the end nearest the "bulkhead" and door A pillar is free hanging.It doesn't look "right" but i can't find anywhere that it would secure to so it might just be that way.
[/QUOTE]
Yes Richard mine is the same and strangely enough I used to get this sort of rattle on my Yeti, the solution I found was to stick some of the following behind which cured it. I also stuck some on all over the inside of the glove box which stopped any personal items from making noises on the hard plastic. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-X-neoprene- ... 338f21a9de