QQ 1.2 DIG-T N-TEC+

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
tonho51
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by tonho51 »

About to press the button on the Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T N-TEC+ 65 plate. It's my first Nissan, and not being mechanically savvy I was wondering if owner had any advice, or things I should look for when doing the test drive. Do you wish you'd had known something before buying etc...

I've test driven it once already, it felt great but I'm going again with an eye for any defects now.

The car itself is this one: https://usedcars.nissan.co.uk/en/vehicl ... ec-s4bvl9c

Thanks in advance! :)

Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

I have a 1.2 dig T CVT just over a year old from new. It is a nice car and I have had no problems with it. However after reading about problems with the 1.2 engine and in my case the CVT transmission I wouldn't go near it if I was buying now. There have been problems and if you do a search on here you will find lots of helpful advice. I have also discovered that I will need to pay £250 at two years old to have the AC system re-gased. I think I will look at Kia in future with the 7 year warranty for better peace of mind. I have previously owned a Kia and was pleased with it and the dealer. Reading on here about the attitude of some of the Nissan dealers is a bit off putting as is the comments about the attitude of Nissan customer care themselves.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Tonho51, just to save re-inventing the Wheel here are a couple of old posts regarding buying used QQ’s from the “Search” Area, might be worth a look (there are Quaranteed more) :

viewtopic.php?t=6231

viewtopic.php?t=6465

We have a 4 year old QQ from new with the 1,2L engine and Manual Box, Yes we have had problems with the Electronics, Alarms, Battery etc which have all been corrected by Nissan but No engine problems. Still like the QQ and interested in the new J11B Model. The final decision is yours as you can read the good and bad comments, but at the end of the day it is down to you. Enjoy your read - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Check re a Nissan warranty extension

Check the parcel shelf and secondary boot floor are included

Check the wheels carefully for kerbing and corrosion

Ask whether the battery and air conditioning condenser have been replaced. Or even the engine...

... and most important listen for any engine rattle.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Something else to think about. You are looking at an N Tec like mine. It has the Intelligent Braking System which I thought at first was a good thing but last month it activated for no reason when travelling at about 40 mph on a country road. There were cars behind us and fortunately they braked as well. I have the incident on dash cam and have played it back half a dozen times but the only thing to see is a right hand bend ahead and a couple of people walking along the nearside pavement so I can only assume that they had caused the emergency braking to activate even though they were some distance away. Again whilst I like the car this is the first new car of many where I go out in it and wonder if something will happen. I have always felt confident driving a new car and this is not a very nice experience. Such a shame.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
Noddy1875

Post by Noddy1875 »

SD card ? Front cover hanging off.

You could get a Tekna for less than that by the way ;)
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI