4 Wheel Alignment or 2 Wheel Tracking

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
tododo
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by tododo »

Hi all

Just been checking the missus car id say we need 4 new tyres unfortunately

The tread hasnt worn even - but not sure if that's normal or not really we had two new front Tyres in Novemener last year and the car has done just shy of 10000 miles and they defiantly need changing (they were Avon Tyres in the front)

One of the big things I always come up against when I get new tyres esspecially with the garages that I normally use is that they most definitely use it as a way to get extra cash out of people

So just been going through black circles to get four new tyres and there's an option for 2wheel tracking for £35 or 4 wheel alignment for £55 - and that's at ATS

What would you guys go for??? Any advice would be great

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I haven't bothered for years. Never had uneven tyre wear.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I've had both trackings done to my cars. I always go for the 4 wheel alignment, I think it speaks for itself. This is a labour charge, no parts are required, so there is flex in the charging model. Phone a few places up and try to get a discount.

One firm F1 auto centres https://www.f1autocentres.co.uk/wheel-alignment/videos had the state of the art system where I regularly went for tyres, they were charging £15 per adjustment, which sounded cheap to me. They do a free check first to give you an estimate, for me it was £150 as by chance everything needed changing!!!!! I told them to shove it, they then halved the price which was still expensive, but it did need doing, so I agreed in the end. For most cars, they do not need this accuracy and I believe its a total rip off.

tododo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:29 pm Hi all

Just been checking the missus car id say we need 4 new tyres unfortunately

The tread hasnt worn even - but not sure if that's normal or not really we had two new front Tyres in Novemener last year and the car has done just shy of 10000 miles and they defiantly need changing (they were Avon Tyres in the front)

One of the big things I always come up against when I get new tyres esspecially with the garages that I normally use is that they most definitely use it as a way to get extra cash out of people

So just been going through black circles to get four new tyres and there's an option for 2wheel tracking for £35 or 4 wheel alignment for £55 - and that's at ATS

What would you guys go for??? Any advice would be great