Fire Extinquisher for QQ

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

andrewjoseph, thanks for the pic that looks a nice solution. I suppose you could also make or wrap a felt / foam jacket / sleeve around it to fill out the space and stop any clattering or as you mentioned use the Safety Jacket - Thanks Again Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

andrewjoseph, now I fully understand what your idea was as I have seen the location diameter in the base of the Armrest when empty. As mentioned previously I suggested another option to the Emergency Jacket of perhaps wrapping the Fire Ext. to prevent it rattling around. Today I found an Insulated Flask that I bought to match the internal red color of our Juke but it would not fit - too big !. Now this Flask was inside a nice padded cover and I thought this was ideal for my idea, so I tried it and pop the Fire Ext. just fitted snugly in and it looks the part, so I think my solution is solved. What do you think ? - Dave

Armrest Location Dia / Flask + Cover

Fire Ext. + Cover / Fire Ext. in Cover
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Looks good; ideally always better to have access to the F Extinguisher from inside the cabin, and not have to go to rear & open door. Will save valuable seconds...which could make all the difference.Most of us will have seen a car fire at some stage, and the speed at which it takes hold is frightening.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Nice one Dave!
tekna cvt mag red
cdk1962

Post by cdk1962 »

Andrew,Sorry to resurrect this thread, but could you tell me what make/model extinguisher this is please? I'm struggling to find one short enough to fit in the compartment pictured.Many thanks,Colin
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Colin, the pictures above are what I planned to do in our QQ but in the end it did not work out. The Extinquisher shown was out of its Inspection date and to get it checked out here costs an Arm and a leg, so I dumped it and bought New but with different dimensions. The comments are correct you should have one to Hand in the Car but to find Space is the problem. You can buy smaller Extinquishers like Aerosol Cans but from the comments read they do not hold up for to long.
So in the end I positioned a New one in the rear Cargo Area, take a look at "Gallery" / "Berlin Tekna is there" (P9).
I believe the Photo is not shown in the correct Position. Good luck hope this helps you - Dave
cdk1962

Post by cdk1962 »

Thanks Dave
paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

Just a small point, if you have an engine bay fire then it is wise not to try and fully open the bonnet, otherwise you may find you end up missing an eyebrow or two ...paulyoung6662014-12-20 19:22:30
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

paulyoung666, that is a very relevant point. When there was all the Talk and Discussions on the New Air Con Fluid R1234yf that is in the QQ and there is still a problem over here with MB I did look into this. There are obviously manufacturers around who install Car Auto under Bonnet Fire Systems like for eg. Fitted in F1 Cars. But there did not seem to be an off the shelf "Kit" for normal Cars just "Specials" and these cost. So I try to keep fit so that I can run around to the rear and grab the extinquisher when needed - Dave
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

This is at ALDI currently (from 21/12) but is just a 600g size. https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/s ... inguisher/ Dimensions here:http://www.safelincs.co.uk/car-fire-ext ... fireblitz/

Gel2014-12-21 12:48:09
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D