I Key

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Chrissya

Post by Chrissya »

Had a near mishap yesterday. Hubby was driving,got out of car at the station and I took over. As he walked away a warning sign came up about the key. He had the key in his pocket, luckily I was able to stop him or I would have been stranded. Warning make sure you take the key out of your pockets/handbags.
Chris

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Erm both carry a key.........
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

[quote="TC3"]Erm both carry a key.........[/QUOTE]This is what we do, car comes with two keys.
tekna cvt mag red
Chrissya

Post by Chrissya »

Sarcasm not appreciated. We are usually out together so only need one key. Just wanted to warn other but won't bother in future.
Chris
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="Chrissya"]Sarcasm not appreciated. We are usually out together so only need one key. Just wanted to warn other but won't bother in future.[/QUOTE]
Madam you need to chill, there is no harm in taking a key each to avoid something like that happening again, it is what we always do, just keep the keys in pockets or bag.
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Hi Chrissya, I for one would like to thank you for that excellent warning....key less ignition is a relatively new concept and may catch people out with that exact scenario...heard it many times before...and could leave you stranded somewhere after you switch off the engine! I always prefer to keep the key in a 'keeper slot'.Thanks again.
R
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

[quote="Chrissya"]Sarcasm not appreciated. We are usually out together so only need one key. Just wanted to warn other but won't bother in future.[/QUOTE]Didn't mean to upset you. Only mild joshin' intended.
tekna cvt mag red
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Don't be put off Chrissya it is good advice, we are like you and yours mainly out together and do not feel we need both keys out at the same time. I always throw the keys in the glove box and leave it there until I/We get out. You can't lock the doors with the key inside the car anyway so you will remember to remove it.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Chrissya

Post by Chrissya »

Thanks guys. We always put the key in the cup holder but mistakes can happen and he put it in his pocket instead.
Chris
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I think it was invaluable advice, having never had a keyless system before.I could quite imaging that happening to us. Can you remind me in a year or so when my car finally arrives.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.