I Key

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

You won't need reminding. I suspect that it is simply one of those things that happens to you just the once, or twice, never to be repeated, but it has to be experienced personally. The more interesting scenario is the one where one of you leaves their key inside the car...
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Key left in car, if you try and lock it, it knows and beeps at you. Wife does it to me all the time, leaving her baby change bag in the car with keys in the bottom, come to lock it and it refuses and always takes us a minute to realise what's going on! At least, unless a malfunction, you should never have a keys locked in car scenario!
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

I have been having some key issues, namely when getting out of the car with the key in pocket and it simply doesn't detect the key so it won't lock the car and you hear the beep beep beep and the message key not detected on the DIS. I then have to get back in, fire it up and then stop and get out again. It has happened about 4 or 5 times in the last week and it is a royal PITA. I also noted the other night when opening the boot that there is some kind of panic alarm button next to the boot release button. It's a smaller dimple.
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

Contigo

Post by Contigo »

[quote="SplanK"]
Key left in car, if you try and lock it, it knows and beeps at you. Wife does it to me all the time, leaving her baby change bag in the car with keys in the bottom, come to lock it and it refuses and always takes us a minute to realise what's going on! At least, unless a malfunction, you should never have a keys locked in car scenario![/QUOTE]
Yes but in the same vein if it locks the car with the keys in it then pressing the button again should in theory reopen the car if it has detected the key in proximity in the first place....

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

[quote="Contigo"]I have been having some key issues, namely when getting out of the car with the key in pocket and it simply doesn't detect the key so it won't lock the car and you hear the beep beep beep and the message key not detected on the DIS. I then have to get back in, fire it up and then stop and get out again. It has happened about 4 or 5 times in the last week and it is a royal PITA. [/QUOTE]I don't understand this, are you locking the door with the button on the handle or expecting it to lock automatically when you walk away?Have you tried just pressing the start button to get wake the electrics?
tekna cvt mag red
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

[quote="Contigo"]I also noted the other night when opening the boot that there is some kind of panic alarm button next to the boot release button. It's a smaller dimple.[/QUOTE]It's for locking the car with, like on the front door handles.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Wheelie Bealie"][quote="Contigo"]I also noted the other night when opening the boot that there is some kind of panic alarm button next to the boot release button. It's a smaller dimple.[/QUOTE]It's for locking the car with, like on the front door handles.[/QUOTE]
Yes you are correct Wheelie it is another I-Key button similar to what is on the front doors, you can walk up to the locked car and touch the dimple button and all doors unlock or if you prefer lock. This is clearly mentioned in the manual. With all the QQ technology it is important that the manual is read, it looks like this is not being done as a lot of the "problems" mentioned on the forum are easily understood if the instructions are followed.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

[quote="andrewjoseph"][quote="Contigo"]I have been having some key issues, namely when getting out of the car with the key in pocket and it simply doesn't detect the key so it won't lock the car and you hear the beep beep beep and the message key not detected on the DIS. I then have to get back in, fire it up and then stop and get out again. It has happened about 4 or 5 times in the last week and it is a royal PITA. [/QUOTE]I don't understand this, are you locking the door with the button on the handle or expecting it to lock automatically when you walk away?Have you tried just pressing the start button to get wake the electrics?[/QUOTE]
What don't you undertand?I stop the car, get out with key in pocket. shut the door and press the button on the door handle to lock the car. When pressing this button it bleeps a few times and does not allow locking of the car. I then take the key out of my pocket and press the lock button to try it that way and again bleep bleep bleep. All the time that it bleeps peering in through the window I can see a message on the DIS saying "No KEY Detected". The only way now to actually lock the car is to get back in, sit in seat and start the car. Then stop the car, get out and then lock it. As for the dimple I know it is there to lock the car BUT in my case sometimes it sounds the very loud car alarm, I wonder if there is some state where if it is held that it triggers a panic alarm,

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Well I didn't understand a few things. I don't know why this is happening, but I also didn't know what you were doing. you didn't state in the original post that you were pressing door button to lock. I didn't want to assume you were, some people have misunderstood how the ikey works.Have you tried just turning on the car, but not starting the engine? So that windows etc. work but engine not started.I don't know if it will make a difference but it may help with diagnostics for someone who does know.
tekna cvt mag red
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

So I assume you mean not depressing the clutch but just pressing the start button to "wake" the car? Yes I did try and it seems the only way to get the key recognised once it gets into this state is to start the engine. Almost like a pairing issue.