Juddering and kangarooing in low gears

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Olly86
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Olly86 »

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 2015 Qashqai 1.5 DCI Tekna from a main dealership. Since owning the car for two months I’ve had the heated seat stop working, the electronic park break fail and a juddering/ kangarooing response from the car when in low revs in low gears. Eg when I pull away in 1st I get a really strong judder through the car. And when in low revs in 2nd or 3rd the car constantly feels like it needs to be dropped to a lower gear or it starts kangarooing.

I’ve mentioned this to the dealership during my numerous visits getting the seat and hand break fixed and their response is always they can’t feel anything wrong with it. When I was last their they sent out their ‘master technician’ I put the car in to first gear, applied the break and lifted the clutch to the biting point which produces a sound similar to a helicopter, to which he responded that it’s normal.

Has anyone had a similar situation to this? Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere, I’m headed back to the garage on Saturday and looking for as much info as I can gather so they can’t fob me off.

Thanks in advance

northernbeat
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by northernbeat »

search this forum under clutch/flywheel or clutch judder and you will find plenty of references to problems with clutch , even, as in my case , with a fairly new qashqai, and especially with the 1.5 diesel .