New engine needed

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
JohnJohn986
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by JohnJohn986 »

Hi
I’ve not noticed blue smoke at any point including under hard acceleration and it’s not smelly
There’s also no sootb up the bumper or back hatch
In the past I have had some proper sheds which burnt oil and leaked oil like mad so can spot the symptoms
I’m at a loss this time

JohnJohn986
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by JohnJohn986 »

Just to update this topic Nissan have replaced the engine and turbo charger with a reconditioned engine
Thankfully at no cost to myself
The explanation given for the damage was that piston rings where fitted upside down on a batch of engines
Our car was the second car at the dealership that day that Nissan had approved an engine replacement on
Clearly this has been a massive problem that Nissan is trying to hide
If word gets out to mainstream media, values of secondhand Nissans would tank and also damage new sales
Personally I’m just thankful that the engine had been replaced
We are planning to run it out until at least 100k we will be adding a warranty to it
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

John, Good to hear that you have got your problems sorted with your QQ engine but it was a reconditioned unit. This problem has been around for some time with these engines and reported on the Forum for at least 4 years and Nissan naturally knew of this problem and highly likely new Customers had read of this problem - Enjoy Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken