Nissan Care Warranty Value

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Nissan Care Warranty ValueAny views on whether this represents value? Price sheet I have is badly written IMO:ie for Qashqai £259 inc vat."Provides protection for up to 3 additional years on top of New Vehicle warranty".Well on basis of latter being 3, that's 3+3 then? Probably Not as lower down price sheet states "Prices above are for 1 Year Nissan Car Care Warranty.Any views appreciated.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

It's insurance and as with any insurance you take your chance... Bottom line is that the Insurance companies never lose out. So you need to know how reliable Nissan cars are and especially how reliable are they after the manufacturers warranty runs out. The answer is very of course and if I pluck a figure out of the air so reliable that the average repair bill under warranty will be be in the region of £10.00 for the 500,000 cars they sell - the problem is that you might just be one of those with the £550 repair bill for whatever! Mind you given the stated reliability of Nissan cars you may well be able to argue with the help of your local trading standards, that Nissan are liable for the cost as they cannot hide behind an arbitrary 1 year warranty - anyone feel like arguing with Nissan? If not pay up and sleep easy.
PeterL2014-05-22 16:19:59
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, I tend to agree with PeterL. When we ordered our QQ we were given an extra years Nissan 5* Guarantee as stated a "Loyalty Bonus". We have had a 06 Micra / have a 08 Note / have a 11 Juke and all if any Problems were corrected by the Dealer without problems at no cost. For example this week we had a new battery fitted in the Juke two weeks inside the end of the Guarantee Period without Problems. We have found all of our Nissans extremely reliable and have never been let down. OK the battery was something I knew was near death but this was not a Nissan Product as we asked for a higher capacity one to be installed when new as we had a Webasto Stand Heating System installed - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken