Incorrect Key ID after repeated battery changes

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Flipjango
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Flipjango »

Hi all. Hoping someone can help. We've had repeated problems with our smart key on our 2014 Acenta premium DCI automatic. I can no longer open the doors by pressing the button on the door only by pressing the button on the key fob, and I am now getting the 'incorrect key id' message pretty much every time I try to start the car. Sometimes even 'offering up' the key to the button doesn't allow me to start the car. The batteries have been changed more times than I can count, which sometimes makes it work better for a while (only a matter of weeks though). Batteries all different from different packs and shops etc. Same issue with both keys. Dealer can't find anything wrong. There is nowhere to put the key to start the car (nothing but wires under the blanking plate where the key would normally go) so if it won't start the only option is to go away for a while and come back, where sometimes it then starts and sometimes it doesn't. Have tried opening and closing doors, not having phones in the car etc etc, nothing makes any difference.

conrail
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by conrail »

Hi Flipjango, quite new to qahqai myself and going through old posts, I asume you have sorted, if not I had same problem, changed the keyfob battery and everything fine now
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Thoughts:
Pressing the door button actually transmits to the Fob and triggers the Fob to perform car unlock....as if you pressed the Fob. The Fob must be within 3 feet of the door when pressing the door button.

Incorrect key id is a Fob battery fault commonly. Either that or the Fob battery contacts are bad or the Fob electronics faulty? There could also be an internal car security antenna pick up problem but the dealer should easily identify any of this. If your dealer is an issue go elsewhere.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta