Qashqai or X1

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
bobbycfc
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by bobbycfc »

Hi, new member here.
Previously had Scenics, Altea, IX35 and currently in a Honda Civic. However I want to get back into a higher seated car and have long coveted a Qashqai since having one as a courtesy car.

However, I also want an automatic.

So on my budget of c£20k, I can get a latest shape Qashqai tekna xtronic in that stunning vivid blue that i think is stunning. Still within manufacturer warranty.

Or for the same money I can get a 2.0 diesel X1, 2-3 years old. Less in the way of toys (no cameras for example) but does have 4WD and , by all accounts, its 8 spead auto gearbox is one of the best available on the market.

As afar as I can see from a personal point of view, Qashqai is nicer looking , especially in vivid blue or white, has the panoramic roof , heated windscreen and more toys in general (but how many of these do you use everyday). Downsides as far as I can see are that the boot is smaller by quite a bit, and there are mixed reviews of the xtronic gearbox.

The X1 seems to do what it says on the tin although all its toys seem to be stored within its idrive multi computer thingy! X1 obviously far nippier and I would guess that residual values would be greater?

Would be interested in hearing any thoughts / feedback on this query? Assume every owner ultimately had a decision to make and you chose the Qashqai. What were the alternatives and why did you choose Qashqai?

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I would probably go for the X1 for the build quality, fewer toys = less to go wrong and residuals.
David56

Post by David56 »

bobbycfc wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:24 pm Hi, new member here.
Previously had Scenics, Altea, IX35 and currently in a Honda Civic. However I want to get back into a higher seated car and have long coveted a Qashqai since having one as a courtesy car.

However, I also want an automatic.

So on my budget of c£20k, I can get a latest shape Qashqai tekna xtronic in that stunning vivid blue that i think is stunning. Still within manufacturer warranty.

Or for the same money I can get a 2.0 diesel X1, 2-3 years old. Less in the way of toys (no cameras for example) but does have 4WD and , by all accounts, its 8 spead auto gearbox is one of the best available on the market.

As afar as I can see from a personal point of view, Qashqai is nicer looking , especially in vivid blue or white, has the panoramic roof , heated windscreen and more toys in general (but how many of these do you use everyday). Downsides as far as I can see are that the boot is smaller by quite a bit, and there are mixed reviews of the xtronic gearbox.

The X1 seems to do what it says on the tin although all its toys seem to be stored within its idrive multi computer thingy! X1 obviously far nippier and I would guess that residual values would be greater?

Would be interested in hearing any thoughts / feedback on this query? Assume every owner ultimately had a decision to make and you chose the Qashqai. What were the alternatives and why did you choose Qashqai?
You can easily get a brand new at least mid range Qashqai for that money if you know where to look!
Qashqai 1.3 auto 160bhp Tekna plus in Vivid Blue.
Now gone after 10 months from new.
bobbycfc

Post by bobbycfc »

Hi, its the Tekna spec that I would be wanting , probably diesel as well.
PCBatman

Post by PCBatman »

Depends if you’re a badge snob or not. Before placing my order for the QQ I was torn between that and a Audi Q2. The Q2 that I went and saw was stunning and inside was great, with nice leather seats, virtual cockpit, wireless charger and many more however that happened to be the top spec one well over 30K.

Then I went an saw the QQ and was amazed at all the gadgets and gizmos that came with the Tekna+ and the price was amazing, so I placed my order.

You just have to ask yourself, would you rather have all the extras that come with the QQ Tekna within the vehicle or the BMW badge with that added performance.
Tekna + 1.3DIG-T 140PS Vivid Blue
bobbycfc

Post by bobbycfc »

>>You just have to ask yourself, would you rather have all the extras that come with the QQ Tekna or the BMW badge

Yeah, it is coming down to
BMW - better auto and four wheel drive and performance and decent boot space vs Qashqai sunroof, cameras and heated windscreen
Noddy1875
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Noddy1875 »

How often do you really need a bigger boot ? How often do you really need 4 wheel drive ?

But badge snobbery will win 8 times out of 10 ;)
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
bobbycfc

Post by bobbycfc »

Big boot - actually quite a lot. My current Civic has "magic seats" which flip up so my black lab can just jump up into the footwell and I don't need to empty the boot for him.
So he will need to go in the boot of any car I get amongst all the other crap I carry for my work. And we also go camping from time to time so boot space is quite important.
Noddy1875
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Noddy1875 »

Glad I could help :D

You've just answered your own question then. I wouldn't want to be a Labrador in the boot of a Qashqai for long.
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
bobbycfc

Post by bobbycfc »

Ah is it that bad?
Looks quite shallow. Both qashqai and X1 have parcel shelves. My ix35 and Altea had one of those retractable thingies that were great. Don’t know why more manufacturers don’t fit them.
The X3 has one ..... 😂