What uo you most dislike about your Qashqai??

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: What uo you most dislike about your Qashqai??

Post by DaveBerlin » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:19 pm

B.Ogbrush, if you are interested in following this S/S question up perhaps you should read this long post - naturally if not already read !. If you want more facts try contacting “Duncho” as he Manufacturers a device for turning the system off - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2096&start=120&hil ... art+module
2014/08 1.2L DIG-T QQ Tekna QAB Pearl White (M)/Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front/Rear Pearl White/Auto-Fold Mirrors Chromed/Shark Fin Antenna/Bonnet Struts/LED's Innen,Footwell,No.Plate/White & Chrome Side Mouldings/Webasto

c_a_r_t_e_r

Post by c_a_r_t_e_r » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:41 am

My thread has arrived! Sorry in advance to all the Qashqai owners who are happy, but I can’t wait to get rid of ours…. 2016 Tekna.

Electronic parking brake. It’s so slow! But a general fault of electronic parking brakes I expect. More Qashqai related is the hill hold. It holds on a certain gradient with the little green symbol – great. But it won’t hold (and there’s no way of making it hold without waiting for the ponderous parking brake to activate) on a gradient that the car will still roll backwards on. So I have to jump off the brake and on to the throttle. Infuriating when stuck on a long shallow uphill in stop-start traffic. This is a manual, it’s probably fine in an automatic due to the creep.

Steering angle sensor. With the 19s the Tekna steering just feels wrong most of the time when centering. This could be a fault however…

The Connect3 infotainment. Just rubbish. Poorly thought out, terrible resolution – I can’t believe they were still building new cars with the old system until very recently.

Steering wheel is too thin – uncomfortable to hold for long journeys. The gear change is rubbery with lots of slop.

Engine map – we have the 1.6T and it’s constantly interfering, hanging the rpm high for no reason at all, totally lacking in power/torque at lower rpm. Terrible economy.

Build quality – we’ve had the very annoying rear clunking noise and no end of other rattles and squeaks, wind noise from the front windows, etc.

Depreciation! Ours is dropping like the proverbial stone. I thought I was buying sensibly at 1 year old with 5000 miles on the clock – it’s dropped approx. £5000 in 13 months. Even taking dealer margins into account and retail/trade prices, the value is plummeting and continues to do so. It would have been cheaper to PCH a brand new one by far, especially as I’ve had to buy 2 new front tyres and a major service.

/rant. 😊

northernbeat

Post by northernbeat » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:32 am

Like carter i cant wait to get rid of my 66 plate Qashqai . Hateful clutch judder when starting off at low revs and neither Nissan or their dealership want to know unless its paid for. Agree completely about the depreciation . First and last Nissan for me . It'll be back to Toyota as soon as possible .

MikeGC

Post by MikeGC » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:40 am

I moved to Nissan from Toyota !

I'm already planning my next QQ having been delighted with this one.
March 2017 Qashqai 1.5dci n-connecta in Gun metal grey

gloucester

Post by gloucester » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:29 pm

Interesting figures on depreciation.

I bought an 8 month old Tekna from a Nissan dealer and traded it in at a Suzuki dealer after 27 months at a loss of £6000 - not too bad in my opinion.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07

Return to “Main QashQai Discussion”