What uo you most dislike about your Qashqai??

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

B.Ogbrush, if you are interested in following this S/S question up perhaps you should read this long post - naturally if not already read !. If you want more facts try contacting “Duncho” as he Manufacturers a device for turning the system off - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2096&start=120&hil ... art+module
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

c_a_r_t_e_r
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by c_a_r_t_e_r »

My thread has arrived! Sorry in advance to all the Qashqai owners who are happy, but I can’t wait to get rid of ours…. 2016 Tekna.

Electronic parking brake. It’s so slow! But a general fault of electronic parking brakes I expect. More Qashqai related is the hill hold. It holds on a certain gradient with the little green symbol – great. But it won’t hold (and there’s no way of making it hold without waiting for the ponderous parking brake to activate) on a gradient that the car will still roll backwards on. So I have to jump off the brake and on to the throttle. Infuriating when stuck on a long shallow uphill in stop-start traffic. This is a manual, it’s probably fine in an automatic due to the creep.

Steering angle sensor. With the 19s the Tekna steering just feels wrong most of the time when centering. This could be a fault however…

The Connect3 infotainment. Just rubbish. Poorly thought out, terrible resolution – I can’t believe they were still building new cars with the old system until very recently.

Steering wheel is too thin – uncomfortable to hold for long journeys. The gear change is rubbery with lots of slop.

Engine map – we have the 1.6T and it’s constantly interfering, hanging the rpm high for no reason at all, totally lacking in power/torque at lower rpm. Terrible economy.

Build quality – we’ve had the very annoying rear clunking noise and no end of other rattles and squeaks, wind noise from the front windows, etc.

Depreciation! Ours is dropping like the proverbial stone. I thought I was buying sensibly at 1 year old with 5000 miles on the clock – it’s dropped approx. £5000 in 13 months. Even taking dealer margins into account and retail/trade prices, the value is plummeting and continues to do so. It would have been cheaper to PCH a brand new one by far, especially as I’ve had to buy 2 new front tyres and a major service.

/rant. 😊
northernbeat

Post by northernbeat »

Like carter i cant wait to get rid of my 66 plate Qashqai . Hateful clutch judder when starting off at low revs and neither Nissan or their dealership want to know unless its paid for. Agree completely about the depreciation . First and last Nissan for me . It'll be back to Toyota as soon as possible .
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I moved to Nissan from Toyota !

I'm already planning my next QQ having been delighted with this one.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Interesting figures on depreciation.

I bought an 8 month old Tekna from a Nissan dealer and traded it in at a Suzuki dealer after 27 months at a loss of £6000 - not too bad in my opinion.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Quattermass

Post by Quattermass »

No power to windows after switching off engine!

I tend to keep my cars for years, my last car being a 02 plate 2.0 Citroen Xsara Picasso. I could switch the engine off and still have a minute to close windows and sunroof before the relay cut power off. Every time now I kill the engine and forget the window!! Yet I can still close the sunroof blind. :roll:

Also seatbelt much lower on door pillar so always trying to grab air ;)

I miss the central display in the Citroen as well.

QQ is a 17 plate with only 8K on the clock bought in July this year. A lovely car.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Quattermass wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:25 pm No power to windows after switching off engine!

I tend to keep my cars for years, my last car being a 02 plate 2.0 Citroen Xsara Picasso. I could switch the engine off and still have a minute to close windows and sunroof before the relay cut power off. Every time now I kill the engine and forget the window!! Yet I can still close the sunroof blind. :roll:

Also seatbelt much lower on door pillar so always trying to grab air ;)

I miss the central display in the Citroen as well.

QQ is a 17 plate with only 8K on the clock bought in July this year. A lovely car.
Pressing and holding the lock button on the fob will close any open windows after switching the engine off, though better to be out of the car when you do it :D

Same as when on a hot day and you are returning to the car, you can press and hold the unlock button and all the windows will roll down, a great way to cool the car down.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
Quattermass

Post by Quattermass »

Hi Weasel,

Thanks for that though I won't try it now as it is pouring down outside! Is that to say that when I lock it the windows will close and when I open the windows will open to the previous open state?
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

So, turn ignition off with the window down, exit car, press and hold lock button, the car will lock, mirrors will close and any open windows will close.

Windows won't reopen to their previous state upon unlocking the car, windows will remain closed.

When it stops raining have a try and see how you go.

It's similar to a full closure alarm system only you have to press the button for a bit longer.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
Quattermass

Post by Quattermass »

Hi Weasel,

Unfortunately it didn't work. Window stayed in open position and after 10 seconds the alarm went off! Perhaps it's a new feature?

Would have been great if it worked. just about to go through the manual to see if there is a setting maybe?

Q.