Wheel Well Tekna

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
bobbycfc
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by bobbycfc »

Looking at new shape Tekna. It has the Bose bass booster in the boot in the spare wheel well.

1. Assume if you disconnect this to put a space saver in, the sound is abysmally bad ( I don’t neceddariky need huge bass options)

2. Has anyone removed all the polystyrene in the spare wheel area and made better use of it? Any photos?

StevieG

Post by StevieG »

Hi,
just seen you post. I had a space saver fitted in the wheelwell before I collected the car from the dealer and although I have only had a quick look since I seem to remember that the bose bass booster was placed in the space on top and within the spare wheel if that makes sense!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I raised the same question last week with our Sales Guy as if we buy new we wanted to keep our Spare Wheel Kit (never used mind you). He said it works and you just reverse the wheel upside down and then the Sub Woofer will sit snuggly within the Wheel recess. I need to check this on our next fact finding mission - Dave 😉
It sounds similiar to the present setup in the J11A - Take a look at this old post or use “Search” for more :

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5993&p=52681&hilit ... tem#p52679
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
bobbycfc

Post by bobbycfc »

Thanks guys for the information.
Good to know that the woofer fits within a space saver.
Assume the sound quality may be affected but as I’m half deaf it shouldn’t be an issue!

Thanks again 👍
trout

Post by trout »

DaveBerlin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 pm I raised the same question last week with our Sales Guy as if we buy new we wanted to keep our Spare Wheel Kit (never used mind you). He said it works and you just reverse the wheel upside down and then the Sub Woofer will sit snuggly within the Wheel recess. I need to check this on our next fact finding mission - Dave 😉
It sounds similiar to the present setup in the J11A - Take a look at this old post or use “Search” for more :

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5993&p=52681&hilit ... tem#p52679
New motor imminent Dave?
S.
ICHAPMAN

Post by ICHAPMAN »

Hello,

New to this forum and ownership of a Qashqai. I'm due to pick up a new Tekna and was told that the space saver wheel wasn't an option - obviously I can see from this thread that it is possible. I'm not overall familiar at this time with the wheel well area and how the Bose speaker sits there.

@StevieG - are you able to provide a picture of how the Wheel and Bose speaker fit together please? Are there any other downsides - there was some suggestion from the dealer that even if it was possible it would raise the floor space up - is this reality?.

Thank you

Iain.
probyan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by probyan »

There is no problem fitting the Bose unit inside the spare wheel. Sound is fine.
You do lose about 50mm of space below the hard boards but they sit snuggly on the supports as they should. Just put the flimsy mat in the loft.
My 5th Qashqai 23 Reg 1.3 Digi T Burgandy
My 4th Qashqai 19 Reg 1.3 DIG-T 160 Tekna+ Chestnut Bronze
My 3rd Qashqai 16 Reg 1.2 DIG-Tekna Gunmetal Grey
My 2nd Qashqai 13 Reg 1.5 360 Pearl White
My 1st Qashqai 10 Reg 1.6 DCI nTec Nightshade
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I had our Summer Diamond Cut Alloys refitted today and asked our Sales Guy again about the Spare Wheel / Bose Sub-Woofer situation. He proceeded to remove a QQ’s Centre Fixing from the Sub-Woofer, measured the Dia. & then rolled a Spare Wheel up and it does appear to be possible. This seems to confirm what Probyan has stated although there was a mention of a possible cutting of the Styropor Packing - Dave 😁
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
probyan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by probyan »

True. I still had the foam from an earlier 2013 QQ which I cut in half and removed about 150mm from the centre. Nicely holds the jack , jack handle and tow bolt.
The bolt for clamping the sub unit is too short but the side foams hold the tyre tight and prevent any movement.
The new foam, pump and gunk now in the shed for when I sell it.
Will put a photo up tomorrow.
My 5th Qashqai 23 Reg 1.3 Digi T Burgandy
My 4th Qashqai 19 Reg 1.3 DIG-T 160 Tekna+ Chestnut Bronze
My 3rd Qashqai 16 Reg 1.2 DIG-Tekna Gunmetal Grey
My 2nd Qashqai 13 Reg 1.5 360 Pearl White
My 1st Qashqai 10 Reg 1.6 DCI nTec Nightshade
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Probyan, that would be very helpful - Thanks Dave 😉