Wheel Well Tekna

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Holdover
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Holdover »

With a full sized spare and the Bose thing you might have a deal of trouble with the boot.
As I ay above, with the space saver spare and the Bose thing, the flimsy (but adequate) false floor of my Tekna has to be removed. With the extra few inches of a full sized wheel that might impinge on the harder, moveable floor too. You really need to check or get a space saver (Juke or QQ - same wheel)
Additionally, that X-Trail wheel will have to be the same offset as the QQ wheel - it might be but I have no idea.
Sorry Mike , I should have said it's actually an X-trail space saver, so hopefully, when sitting in the tyre well from a height perspective it's only 10mm higher (providing the offset is the same) and being a 17" rather than a 16" rim the bose speaker might drop down lower.
Cheers

MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Holdover wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:19 am
With a full sized spare and the Bose thing you might have a deal of trouble with the boot.
As I ay above, with the space saver spare and the Bose thing, the flimsy (but adequate) false floor of my Tekna has to be removed. With the extra few inches of a full sized wheel that might impinge on the harder, moveable floor too. You really need to check or get a space saver (Juke or QQ - same wheel)
Additionally, that X-Trail wheel will have to be the same offset as the QQ wheel - it might be but I have no idea.
Sorry Mike , I should have said it's actually an X-trail space saver, so hopefully, when sitting in the tyre well from a height perspective it's only 10mm higher (providing the offset is the same) and being a 17" rather than a 16" rim the bose speaker might drop down lower.
Cheers
Ah, I see - fingers crossed
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Holdover

Post by Holdover »

I tried the 17" X-Trail spare wheel that I bought and it fitted into the wheel well easily and more importantly the Bose speaker sat down fully into it.
The standard screw down shaft secured it and the carpet cover sits down fully flat too.
The speaker wire looks a bit exposed now so I might secure some plastic conduit over it.

Spare wheel.png

Foffer

Post by Foffer »

Thanks very much Holdover for the 17" info. After reading your posts, I have just bought the same 17" space saver and fitted it into my Tekna + , bought from ebay:

[url]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-QASHQAI-XTRAIL-RENAULT-KADJAR-SPACE-SAVER-SPARE-WHEEL-155-80-17-4/174057113077?hash=item28869cc5f5:g:t-kAAOSw3QldKLRD[/url]

The sub fits flush, looks like it was made for this size wheel.

I noticed earlier in this thread that someone had left the centre screw out when placing the sub into a 16" wheel because it was too short. I would definitely not leave it like that, the sub will rattle around inside the wheel, sounding bad and causing damage to the sub. It is meant to be fastened securely to the car body so it can transmit the bass vibrations through the bodywork.
Current car: 2021 Qashqai Tekna+ DIG-T MHEV CVT
Previous car: 2019 Qashqai Tekna+ 1.3 DIG-T 160 DCT
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Foffer, I discussed this point with our Sales Guy a couple of weeks back and told him our 16” Spare comes from our existing QQ and I want a longer Screwed Stud made up to secure the wheel - Action agreed Dave 🧐
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Foffer

Post by Foffer »

All sounds good Dave! Only issue I can see with placing a space saver wheel "upside down" in the holder is that the valve is now not accessible so you can't check the pressure. This could be why the Nissan official line is not to offer the spare option with the sub fitted. A way round this may be to fit a valve extension hose, bringing it to a place that you could reach without taking the whole lot out. Amazon sell these for a couple of pounds.
Current car: 2021 Qashqai Tekna+ DIG-T MHEV CVT
Previous car: 2019 Qashqai Tekna+ 1.3 DIG-T 160 DCT
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Foffer, a very good point never really thought about this but will look into your comment, another one on the list. Funny thing is our existing wheel is reverted now on our J11A and full of tools etc. Never have our Nissan Service Technicians or the TÜV (MOT) guys made a negative comment on this surprisingly - Dave 👍 😉

C690CDD7-E872-458A-9A49-29508F508874.jpeg

5603EA62-4996-45EC-B699-914D36391B9A.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

So disappointed I got a 16" space saver 10 days ago before noticing this thread!!

@Holdover - are the foams you have around the ones for a spare wheel, or the Tekna ones?

Thanks
Tim
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

Having gone ahead with the same, I can confirm the standard foams in place are suitable for a spare wheel - The bit holding the subwoofer simply lifts out, leaving space for the spare wheel to fit in, and the side foams have all the spaces for storing a jack and wheel brace etc.

I think the spare I bought has a slightly too big tyre - it needed a decent push to get it fully into the wheel well.

Tim
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

There has been recent discussions on the Spare Wheels for the QQ regarding 16" (Nissan Std) and 17" Wheels and there has been good Information on both by members. I was "Stuck in the Boat" in that I had in our previous QQ a 16" Wheel and decided to Keep it for the New QQ, unfortunately as mentioned with the new Bose Sub-Woofer (#281705AA0B) things get a Little tight. On picking up our QQ Friday and returning today to pick up the forgotten Jack, Wheel Brace etc I decided to have a Go and Fix the Sub-Woofer.
Actually it was pretty easy and even at my Speed took only around 30 mins. I basically added to the Std Nissan Fixing Part an Extension M8 Nut 30mm Long, 40mm Studding or a Cut down Screw Fixed with 2x M8 Nuts, The biggest Problem was finding the lower Fixing threaded hole or perhaps it was just me. Anyway it seems to have worked and the Sub-Woofer is Fixed but it might worth as mentioned previously laying some Foam Sheet between the Sub-woofer and Wheel Diameter. Unfortunately some Storage Space is lost in the Middle Area - some you win some you loose - we lost !
I did also add some Wire Protection to the Bose Wiring just for safety.
Hopefully this is of some help to other members - Dave :D

IMG_8953 - Kopie - Kopie 1.jpg

IMG_8952 - Kopie.jpg

IMG_8989.jpg

IMG_8990 - Kopie.jpg

IMG_8991 - Kopie.jpg