DPF due to oil leak

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
kotaprolu.srinivas
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by kotaprolu.srinivas »

Hi

This is regarding my Nissan quashai 2012 - 61 K miles - Diesel

I had red light on dahsboard during last week of Jan and took it my service center ( NISSAN dealer) , they have checked it and said its a DPF blockage and did a regeneration along with full service . In total charged me 850+ for ( Front break pad + disk + timing belt change+ tyre)

The light on dashboard was gone

Yesterday when I am driving back home , the car went to limp mode and black smoke was coming out of the car
After sometime car stopped and its not moving and I got it recovered to Nissan garage
There was no sign of warning light on dashboard and all of a sudden red light & service due light came up

I got a call today and was given a quote of 1400 and below are the details given on the report

1) Exhaust system check - red - oil leak at turbo, coming from boost pipe at top of turbo . Turbo damage will occur if leak not fixed - £ 307.30
2) Engine - Red - Boost pipe split and dpf blocked - Boost pipe needs replaced and dpf removed to be cleaned and then retested - £578.59
3) service due - oil filter blew out , high oil pressure causing this . Recommend replacing oil pump , service. service light on, will also require oil & filter - £570.84

I have 2 questions
1) Is this caused due to wrong diagnostics done first time ? Nissan dealer says NO and DPF issue is now blocked due to a new issue

2) Any suggestions on the fix suggested? I want to fix this now and go for a part exchange
Nissan service is not agreeing this as a fault at thier end?

Thank You
Srini K