Qashqai+2 J10b 1.6 DCI - DPF Fault

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
superduper
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by superduper »

Hi all,

Our 2013 Qashqai has recently developed performance issues and both red and amber DPF lights are illuminated.

Service due + start / stop failure is also displayed on the instrument panel.

The car is always serviced by main dealer, next service due in July.

The car is driven every year on long motor journeys to europe 3000miles + , and not solely in town driving around london.

We do not use supermarket fuel, which appearly isn't good for the DPF.

RAC performed 2 forced DPF regenerations, all of which failed. Clearing the DPF fault only temporarily fixes the issue, both warning lights return.
The RAC guy got a reading of 45 grams of soot in the DPF, which appearly is quite high.

That evening I tried adding DPF cleaning fuel additive, and I took it for another long drive around the M25 in 4th gear, running above 3000 rpm for 30mins. Lights didn't clear
Next morning I called RAC again, they performed 5 forced DPF regenerations, all of which failed. The soot reading this time increased to 55grams!,

Researching online, there appears to be a common issue with J10's and ECM firmware update...however I guess this isn't applicable for our engine variant? Cannot find anything relating to the facelift J10b 1.6 DCI engine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the 1.6 DCI J10b variant model, before take it to Nissan for?

Many thanks

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Have you checked the sensor line from the exhaust is not blocked, I think there are quite a few items on this?
superduper wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:57 am Hi all,

Our 2013 Qashqai has recently developed performance issues and both red and amber DPF lights are illuminated.

Service due + start / stop failure is also displayed on the instrument panel.

The car is always serviced by main dealer, next service due in July.

The car is driven every year on long motor journeys to europe 3000miles + , and not solely in town driving around london.

We do not use supermarket fuel, which appearly isn't good for the DPF.

RAC performed 2 forced DPF regenerations, all of which failed. Clearing the DPF fault only temporarily fixes the issue, both warning lights return.
The RAC guy got a reading of 45 grams of soot in the DPF, which appearly is quite high.

That evening I tried adding DPF cleaning fuel additive, and I took it for another long drive around the M25 in 4th gear, running above 3000 rpm for 30mins. Lights didn't clear
Next morning I called RAC again, they performed 5 forced DPF regenerations, all of which failed. The soot reading this time increased to 55grams!,

Researching online, there appears to be a common issue with J10's and ECM firmware update...however I guess this isn't applicable for our engine variant? Cannot find anything relating to the facelift J10b 1.6 DCI engine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the 1.6 DCI J10b variant model, before take it to Nissan for?

Many thanks