Aftermarket head unit

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
HgtDave
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by HgtDave »

sdaspland wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:30 pm Thanks for the feedback guys I really appreciate it.
Ok, just to clarify, I didn’t realise that apple CarPlay would work on an android head unit so if it does I am all for it.
So HgtDave are you happy with the unit?
All cameras working as they should and good sound etc? And parking assist?
Was it easy enough to fit?
Sorry for all the questions, I have just never been in the situation where I need to ensure I retain so much functionality and have not been in the position to just upgrade to a pioneer or alpine unit.

Thanks
Hi sdaspland

Very happy with the Dasaita PX5 as a replacement to the LCN2 unit. Reasonable easy to fit it you get yourself the plastic trim removal tools.
Watch this video (it’s in German but it tells a story) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5tC_MzsJTU&t=914s

All camera functions are working and you can set the Soft Home key on long press to imitate the camera view manually. See this video for softkey setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O48_Xd4 ... e=youtu.be

The apps that I use are Sygic GPS Navigation, Pulsar music, DAB-Z by Zoulou and FCC Launcher all from play store. You can interrupt the Standard SWC buttons for Handset Up / Down with FCC (and others) for single or double press to load app or command of your choice.

My Steering Wheel Handset UP key is set to open Google Assistant for voice calling, handset down finishes the call

Follow this post viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3465&hilit=fcc+launcher#p59657
IT Consultant of 37Yrs (Retired)
Mk2 Qashqai - J11 1.6 Dig-T Tekna (Ex)
Now BMW X3
Dasaita Android 8.0 4+32g Octa core HA5225 V840 Head Unit
as fitted to my now EX Qashqai

sdaspland

Post by sdaspland »

Hi,

Thanks for that, you have pretty much convinced me :-)
Can I be really cheeky and ask a favour?
The links you provided in your post are no longer valid on eBay, would you mind sending me a link for an available unit on eBay at the moment?
Just so I am getting the right unit?

Thanks a lot
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

sdaspland wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:09 pm Hi,

Thanks for that, you have pretty much convinced me :-)
Can I be really cheeky and ask a favour?
The links you provided in your post are no longer valid on eBay, would you mind sending me a link for an available unit on eBay at the moment?
Just so I am getting the right unit?

Thanks a lot
The one I purchased was from a German warehouse and is unfortunately not available now. You will have to purchase direct from Dasaita in China and may have to pay import duties. The good news is you now have a choice of the old PX5 (same as I have) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-8-1- ... SwDuxcBPQA or the new PX6 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-2-Android ... 0903.m5276

You will need to specify you have 360 cameras and the correct model for the type of AC you have.
Now BMW X3
chosan

Post by chosan »

N.B that neither of the two have a SD-slot available from what I can see.
sdaspland

Post by sdaspland »

Thanks HgtDave , I really appreciate it :-)
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

chosan wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:41 am N.B that neither of the two have a SD-slot available from what I can see.
They both have SD slots behind the screen on the front edge of the metal casing, it’s a bit hidden. The PX5 unit of mine was fitted with a complimentary 8Gb SD card loaded with Waze sat nav maps. I replace this with a 64Gb card, loaded it with Sygic maps and 20Gb of music files.
Now BMW X3
chosan

Post by chosan »

HgtDave wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:51 pm
chosan wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:41 am N.B that neither of the two have a SD-slot available from what I can see.
They both have SD slots behind the screen on the front edge of the metal casing, it’s a bit hidden. The PX5 unit of mine was fitted with a complimentary 8Gb SD card loaded with Waze sat nav maps. I replace this with a 64Gb card, loaded it with Sygic maps and 20Gb of music files.
To be honest, to reach the slot you need to remove the panels and move the whole unit out from position. That's why I'm trying to tell it's better to buy a similar unit with the SD-slot reachable from the front. Without removal of anything.
sdaspland

Post by sdaspland »

Are you aware of another unit chosan?
chosan

Post by chosan »

sdaspland wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:02 am Are you aware of another unit chosan?
Klyde has a number of units. Be careful when selecting, a lot of units can be ordered through Aliexpress from Europe.
Hence, you don't have to pay duty and other costly things.

If you have the 360 camera select a unit where the Can-bus decoder is included or add this to the order.
Another option is the DSP-module which gives a much better sound output.

NB. there are two different units. One if you only have radio installed, another if you have the nav installed.

Today there's also a possibility to upgrade to Android 9.0.

I've the 360, DSP and I'm happy with it. Except for a few snags listed elsewhere in this thread.

Klyde=https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ca ... de+qashqai

Dasaita=https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ca ... ta+qashqai
sdaspland

Post by sdaspland »

Thank you chosan