Keyless entry / security

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qashowner, Correct ! do you mean one of these, Berlin is very near the Borders of Poland and there is a lot of one way traffic hence I bought this to back up the “Faraday” Wallet - Dave 🧐

6011060C-EB20-4E15-A28A-9AF9A36F4D89.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

What I did forget due to the Nissan “Country Specs” is that our German J11A has no Engine Immobiliser or Thatcham Alarm System and it looks like the J11B is similiar - Dave ☹️
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Not sure if it can be done, but is it possible to install a simple on off switch somewhere in the starter circuit? I know I did it many years ago on an old Rover 2000, but that was back in the days of keys and wires, not like now :D :D
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Came out of our local ALDI last week and went to put shopping on the back seat opened tear door and found my other shopping was missing looked at childs car seat YES leather interior yes ...right color car YES looked to see if hi fi had gone and seen my reg number on car in next bay YES i was in the wrong QQ but how did i open the wrong car hung on for 10 MINS but no one came ...both cars had platesl . NJ 17.... David..😁😁😁
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qashowner, you are bringing up the past but a long way back. Back in the simple days I bought a brand new Mini Van in 1962 Cost £375 (Apprentice Money) and the first thing I done was as you mentioned stuck a simple hidden “On / Off” switch on the Coil. Then I moved up to Mini Coopers and I installed extra switches for the Fuel Pump. The older Minis had Sliding Windows and Plastic Latches that could be forced open and then easy access and goodbye car - Dave 🤪
fbgqashqai

Post by fbgqashqai »

I introduced a switch into the clutch/brake cut off circuit on a American spec Isuzu Trooper so that the car wouldn't start until switch closed and pedal depressed. It should be reasonably easy to do the same on the Qashqai.
fbgqashai 2017 J11a N Connecta 1.5DCi in Silver
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

david sunderland wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:32 pm Came out of our local ALDI last week and went to put shopping on the back seat opened tear door and found my other shopping was missing looked at childs car seat YES leather interior yes ...right color car YES looked to see if hi fi had gone and seen my reg number on car in next bay YES i was in the wrong QQ but how did i open the wrong car hung on for 10 MINS but no one came ...both cars had platesl . NJ 17.... David..😁😁😁
@ David Sunderland

I had to show my wife your post as the very same thing happened to us on a visit to North East. We got in the car and it wouldn't start after the second try I noticed an air freshener dangling from the rear view mirror, I never put an air freshener on the rear view mirror, I looked around and realised that this wasn't our car, ours was two cars down from this one. The car was the same colour and year, I had always supposed that the owner had left the car unlocked but perhaps after reading your post I now wonder if its possible for one key fob to open another QQ!!!!!!!!

Sitting in the car and realising it wasn't ours was a very surreal moment. :D :D :D :D
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

I had a switch on the starter motor wiring, switch broke and i ended up using a pair of scissors to make the connection and start the car.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:00 pm Qashowner, you are bringing up the past but a long way back. Back in the simple days I bought a brand new Mini Van in 1962 Cost £375 (Apprentice Money) and the first thing I done was as you mentioned stuck a simple hidden “On / Off” switch on the Coil. Then I moved up to Mini Coopers and I installed extra switches for the Fuel Pump. The older Minis had Sliding Windows and Plastic Latches that could be forced open and then easy access and goodbye car - Dave 🤪
Had an old Mini as well, 1966 vintage with a key start, unlike yours probably with a floor start :D
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

There has just been a new report issued in Germany (over 33,000 Stolen Cars) stating that Berlin the Capital City was the Tops for Stolen vehicles, last year it was 5775 vehicles. The reason stated from the Police “Limes” Stolen Vehicles Team is that most of the Thieves are Gangs from Poland, Litauen, Russia and the Polish Border is only a 1 hour drive away, they come over at night steal and drive back the next day or store them before sorting out the GPS Systems.
The main vehicles are the “Premium” ones Audi’s, BMW’s, Mercedes, Range Rover, Volvo. Some of these manufacturers have the Data but do not share this with the Police. At least 10,000 Stolen are with Intelligent Key or GPS and have Alarms, Trackers, GPS etc.
Again one of the Final comments (also mentioned in U.K.) was that one of the Better security methods is the Good Old Steering Wheel Lock - Krooklok. The reason mentioned is “Time” as it is far quicker to use the Electronics method rather than the cutting, hammering, noise which attracts attention when trying to remove a Steering Lock. I have the Krooklok “Pro” version and I am starting to use this on a regular basis now along with the Insulated Key Wallet - far better to be Safe than Sorry ! - Dave 😏
Both Installed Ways Up or Down works OK and it prevents Turning - J11A :

F008C672-B819-4206-BA5B-2DE900C69ADB.jpeg

A friend of mine mentioned to me a new and cheaper method (Sorry if it upsets anyone) 😷 :

26DFB88F-D168-4A11-9CEC-19641C73DCDA.jpeg