Keyless entry / security

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

All for the steering locks, I use a Disklok whenever the car is out and about or on the driveway, very sturdy bit of kit.

IMG_20200511_110251389_HDR.jpg

19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Weasel, that looks a Hefty bit of Gear and really covers the Steering Wheel Area well. I went for the Stoplock Pro (keep calling it the Older name Krooklok Pro) because it was simplier and easy to install and could be installed Up or Down. But in the end it came down to ease of use, quicker to fit and store and much tougher with several case-hardened parts.
Just found this report which is interesting, but whatever is used I am sure it helps and I think we made a good choice - Dave 😉 👍

Best steering wheel locks 2020 | Auto Express : https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessori ... heel-locks
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just to keep this problem in the minds of QQ Owners - Dave 🤨

Car thefts are soaring with 300 cases every day : https://mol.im/a/8508271
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

DaveBerlin wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:42 am Just to keep this problem in the minds of QQ Owners - Dave 🤨

Car thefts are soaring with 300 cases every day : https://mol.im/a/8508271
There was some London-centric media (LBC) quacking on it this morning. I suppose its a pick off some other London media and on about using Playstaion Controllers to relay? I might see it somewhere today as I scan the Fake, Semi Fake and Dumb so called News.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sorry to keep posting these very similiar reports but the problem is not going away and I feel the more posts there are the more QQ Forum members will be aware of these problems and perhaps react - Dave 😉
There was a German Police video shown last week of a couple of Guys trying to Electronically Steal a BMW 8 Cabrio in the country but was a no go - Big House Alone, Security Cameras but the Big Grin from the Owner was his “Biscuit Tin” that saved the car 😂🤣

Car theft has risen by 50% in five years - keep your vehicle safe : https://mol.im/a/8630527

Virtually every report on prevention mentions the same ideas so action by Owners might be worth it, for a small outlay :

1.An old metal tin with a lid or the key covered in metal foil is all you need to put a stop to the thieves as it blocks the signal from the fob that is picked up by a relay device. (done it and it works)

2.You can also buy a metal-lined fabric 'Faraday pouch' to prevent the signal being picked up by a car thief. (I have 2 one for daily use / one for the Spare).

3. Criminals are also put off by simple steering wheel locks – such as the £45 Stoplock. The extra hassle of having to cut through them or pick the traditional key lock will deter many thieves. (Got the Pro Version recommended by Thatcham).

'No vehicle is totally theft-proof but simple inexpensive steps to block fob signals or a lock on a steering wheel can deter most thieves.'
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Fact or Fiction ? Just read a report in the Autobild here where a Pilot had his “Keyless” Audi RS 3 car broken into which was left for 5 mins and had two cases stolen valued at €3314. He went eventually through the Courts because his House Insurance would not pay out. The Court result was that the Claim was turned down because wait for it “The Car was Not Broken into”.😡

I can remember reading similiar facts here :
A driver complained to the Financial Ombudsman that his home contents insurer, Royal & Sun Alliance (RSA), had refused his claim after several items were stolen from his car. The insurer told him that he was only covered for theft from his car if 'force and violence' had been used. This is a common clause in home insurance policies to deter claims where someone has left their car or house door unlocked. But it is now also being used to deny claims from victims of keyless crime.

Perhaps we need to be more aware of this problem and the after effects and ensure we are covered ! - Dave 🤨
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Another long read and here we go again, now even the QQ is entered into the Listing - Dave 🤨

B62660AB-D734-4985-946A-53F97690547D.jpeg

What cars were stolen most in 2020 according to DVLA data? : https://mol.im/a/9187613
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

A dear old pal has had two Fiestas stolen over the last few years - in both cases it’s believed to be due to "stealing" the key's code.
He's just bought a Yaris which has an ordinary key.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just read this article on Steering Wheel Locks which might be of interest. We are still using our “Stoplock Pro” - Dave 😊

“Car thieves will spot the Stoplock Pro’s bright shade of yellow a mile off. As a bar lock, it’s also quick to install before leaving the car and should fit most steering wheels. In a test, Auto Express found that the Stoplock Pro was as hard to break as the Disklok (more on that below), and reported that cracking it open isn’t exactly a quiet affair, either.”
MECHANICAL security methods such as steering wheel locks are back in vogue, increasingly seen as one of the best ways to make your vehicle less attractive to would-be thieves in a digital age of keyless cars.”

5 Best Steering Wheel Locks to Buy in 2021 : https://www.driving.co.uk/news/products ... el-lock/[b][/b]
WilliamJensen
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by WilliamJensen »

It's interesting to see how the issue of relay thefts and keyless entry cars was being discussed a few years ago. At that time, many of us were grappling with ways to secure our vehicles in the face of evolving technology.
Back then, I had started using an RFID-blocking pouch for my day-to-day key. This pouch helped mitigate the risk of relay thefts by preventing unauthorized access to the key's signal. Additionally, I opted to keep my spare key in a metal tin box to create a physical barrier against potential hacking attempts.
It's worth noting that security measures have likely evolved since then, and staying updated on the latest advancements is crucial. If you're still concerned about vehicle security, you might want to explore the insights offered by Security Guards Ukraine. Their expertise in security matters could provide valuable guidance on protecting your vehicle and property.