Advice please on used car

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Biccus1
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Biccus1 »

We bought a 65 plate qashqai on 22nd march from an independent car dealer, he advised it on his website as waiting to arrive so we inquired and was told if we left a £200 refundable deposit we could have first ref..

The car had only done 9k so 3.5 yrs old with 9k miles just what we were looking for in black £14k sounded perfect..

So we went to view when ready loved the car had a quick drive but he assured us it drove like new so we paid our cash and gave our trade in deal done..

On the 30 mile drive home i said to my wife something is loose in the boot as it keeps knocking at speed, also i noticed the steering wheel was not set straight ahead and at speed it pulled left. I got home and first thing the following morning i looked into what was loose in the boot only to find the rear bumper was loose and not clipped at the bottom so i called the dealer.. He was very good told me to bring it straight back. so i returned the car he said he would have the bumper looked at and get the tracking set..

A week later he called to say the track was reset perfect and the bumper had the clips missing for some reason i said it hasn't been in an accident has it ? he assured me no it had not. So off we went it was not knocking and drove straight ahead..

During easter we drove for a break after driving for a hour i noticed my shoulder ached and it seems to pull again to the side, i pulled into a garage as i thought something was loose they looked and said the thought the steering geometry was out they also noticed it had one wheel which looked older than the other three also a cut in one tyre..

I called the dealer who said it must come back but not until friday 26th april due to bank holiday and booking with the tyre centre to check track again.

My wife took it back and left it she was told a couple of hours, when she returned he said its all set perfect now but the tyre is safe as its not showing cords and the rim which is older than the rest was prob due to a pot hole damage so nothing can be done..

This morning i decide to wash the car only to find after washing that water enters the NSR door when i look the seal is not attached to the door as most of the clips are missing and the ones there are painted black. so i took it to a garage down the road he looked and said the car has had a side swipe at some point has filler in the door and has had paintwork to the door rear arch area and the the nissan 12 year anti corrosion warranty will now be void..

How do i stand legal as monday i need to call to see what happens next as the car has been in an accident ?

Thank you

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Biccus1, it looks like you have been sold a “Lemon”. As you have paid for the car naturally the Dealer is a Happy One, but you need to prove that the QQ has been involved in an accident. It looks like you need the facts and it might be wise to use an Independent Assessor to give the QQ a once over and get a written report which should help you. Why not try an Independent or the Motoring Associations (RAC / AA), but unfortunately it will cost you or Citizens Advice - Best of Luck Dave 😊

https://www.nationalvehicleinspections.com/

https://www.rac.co.uk/buying-a-car/vehicle-inspections
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Biccus1

Post by Biccus1 »

Thank you

Why do you mean by paid the dealer naturally ?
Noddy1875

Post by Noddy1875 »

Biccus1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:24 pm Thank you

Why do you mean by paid the dealer naturally ?
As you have paid the dealer, (coma) naturally he is happy :D
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
Biccus1

Post by Biccus1 »

Ah ok i have just filled in the form on citizen advice site se what happens i am also drafting an email to the dealer... I was going to post on his home page on facebook but will wait for that one !!!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Biccus1, hopefully my point is clear. Man o Man missed a Coma which changes the sense, Thanks Noddy - Dave 👏
If you have friends in the Motoring Game or are interested in cars, get them to give your QQ an independent once over and note and photo what the problems are, it is nice to have evidence when needed !
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

It appears the car was not/is not roadworthy as regards steering, tyres and bumper troubles. Ask for money back and if necessary in writing (copied) and if not resolved per this request speak to local Trading Standards (TS). I suspect its small claims court after that or that TS takes up an investigation and particularly if this dealer is a repeat problem?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Biccus1

Post by Biccus1 »

Thanks all just wrote a long email detailing the faults, we collected the car on the 22nd march took it back 23rd march collected again 29th march, then called 20th april with same fault but was told could not take back until 26th april..

Just called them and they said as its over 30 days no full refund but bring it back we will repair again
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Biccus1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:57 am Thanks all just wrote a long email detailing the faults, we collected the car on the 22nd march took it back 23rd march collected again 29th march, then called 20th april with same fault but was told could not take back until 26th april..

Just called them and they said as its over 30 days no full refund but bring it back we will repair again
Did they attempt a repair within the 30 days? If that failed then their 30 days claim is irrelevant
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Biccus1

Post by Biccus1 »

Yes they had it back the day after i collected it as the rear bumper was not attached to the car under the car all the plastic clips were missing, it did not drive in a straight line, which it still did not when i got it back, but he told me it needed to settle in, when it went back i said why is the bumper not secure is it because its been off due to an accident? he said no its never been in an accident just the clips had fell out. i have just had a friend look under the car and all the exhaust has underseal over it spray stuff where he said it prob went on to a jig to try and straighten the car and they underseal to cover the marks. He did say he would get his bodyshop to check it over but still reported no issues it was not in an accident.. Also one wheel is a lot older than the other three as three are clean with no grime and one looks like its been on for years the inside rear is all dirty