Alarm Fault/Log book

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
chriz297
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by chriz297 »

Hi everyone,

My wife purchased a 2017 Nissan Qashqai in October 2018 from a West way Nissan dealer with 10,000 miles on the clock and from day one we've had nothing but problems.

The car has been in the garage about 6 times with the same issue, The alarm randomly going off and then making a constant bleeping noise when you unlock the car. Apparently it doesn't seem to do it when its in the garage overnight but will always do it at home, Strange. But they say their technicians cant figure out whats wrong with it and i'm honestly loosing the will to live with them.

The other issue is no logbook/ V5C for the car. I've spoken to the dealer a dozen times and they're not bothered i've launched a complaint with Nissan customer services and I've got no where with these does anyone know where i stand legally with this as i thought it was a legal document?

Id avoid South Birmingham like the plague

daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

Do you know who the previous owner of the car was? I had a similar issue when I bought my nearly new Qashqai nearly 3 years ago. I asked who the previous owner was and was told it was a Nissan Management owned vehicle. To my horror when the V5 eventually turned up I found it was previously a Hertz rental car! Having being told it would have been only used by a Manager of Nissan, then finding out it had probably been driven by every Tom, Dick and Harry, I was not a happy bunny as you can imagine. Does your reg number start KN by any chance as they seem to be the rental cars, however if it begins V they, I am led to believe, are the Nissan management cars. Have you thought about getting in touch with DVLA about the missing V5? Most Nissan dealers seem incompetent and then in my experience seem to treat the customer like an idiot. I do love my Qashqai, but due to Nissan dealerships would never buy Nissan again.

Touchwood, I've never had problems with my alarm, but have had numerous other parts replaced under warranty!

Hope the V5 turns up soon.

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Contact DVLA immediately I'd say.

https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla

I bought a QQ at Westway Stourbridge at approx the same time as you with similar mileage..as my signature below. Wasn't a very good experience and won't be back there again.

I've had the alarm go off a couple of times. one seemed to be random and another was a very heavy old truck passing close by.

The car will beep away if I switch off the ignition with the door open or some such. Certainly has an annoying hatch door opening/alarm arrangement also.

If I vent the car (or try to) with front windows open and car locked...it'll kick the alarm off after about 10 mins or so.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta