2019 QQ with SD Card Infotainment System?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

Morning everyone...I pick up my QQ on Thursday and after reading this forum I have realised that the car has the older infotainment system with the SD card.

According to the HPI Check my QQ was manufactured in 2019, so why would it have the older system installed?, I have seen 2018 68 plates that have the new system running TomTom maps.

My car is a Pre-Registered 19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta with the Glass Roof pack and 8 miles on the clock, and from looking at some of the other Pre-Registered 2019 QQ's they seem to be running the older system too, though maybe not all of them.

Could this be Nissan using up their stock of older infotainment systems and installing them on 2019 cars that they know will be Pre-Registered and because there are such big savings to be had over buying new maybe they think no one will question it?

Thanks

Andy... :)
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I thought the change happened about November 2018 but this suggests possibly later.

It could of course be an old car -and it's not easy to find the manufactured date, though some of the plastic components or the tyres might give a clue - i.e. it can't be earlier than what they record. The HPI date might only be the date it was completed, having been largely build a while ago.

Does it use AdBue?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Hi gloucester...yes, it is the new 115hp engine with AdBlue, or a least that's what the sales guy told me, I'll have to check under the filler flap to confirm.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Weasel, firstly welcome !. If you have some time can I recommend that you take a read of this attachment which I think will bring to your attention how many changes, additions, modifications, Upgrades have been made to the QQ J11B Model. There appears to be older models still knocking around with the older electronics, older engines, older Auto Gearboxes and as mentioned when they are pushed out at an “Attractive” Prices. Many new owners snap them up but do not consider the “Technical Specs” and this is often the error on not receiving what you want. Anyway take a look, also in the “Search” Area you will find more, it may seem a bit of a drag but it can often be worthwhile - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7097&hilit=New+Qashqai+Upgrades
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Thanks for the welcome, Dave...and thanks for the link, I'll take a look and try and hide my disappointment 😢