QQ 19 Plate J11 ( variant A or B ? )

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Stuart1962
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Stuart1962 »

Hi , I have just bought my QQ Tekna 19 plate ( manufactured June 2018) not sure whether you have the same issue but my Voice call button on the steering wheel doesn't work properly . I can accept call with it but I cannot place a call using Voice .. I had it checked but the Nissan dealer said that only European models had the option to use this facility . MY 14 plate QQ worked ok and the Juke , 19 plate on hire worked ok too !!Please try yours … I need to know if Its a problem with my vehicle or its the same for QQ owners from the same YOM . Also .. although I got the 8K discount , I didn't have Apple car play as my QQ was manufactured 3 months before the new infotainment systems were fitted ! a bit gutted really although I really do love the car

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Stuart, if you have some time it might be worth reading through this very long post which might possibly explain the problem from many frustrated QQ Owners - we have still the J11A and it works perfectly unfortunately something was missed or removed from the later QQ versions - Dave 🤨

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6067&p=58296&hilit ... ing#p57534
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Stuart - as has been pointed out this is a well known but inexplicable problem. No one to my knowledge has found a proper solution.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Stuart1962

Post by Stuart1962 »

Thank you for your responses. But I am shocked by this . It is after all a safety feature , or rather , was a safety feature . The fact that numerous people have contacted Nissan about this and got absolutely nowhere is even more alarming . I have a "get around" in that I utilise "Siri " connected by Bluetooth , which works ok . But i cant help seeing that little button and wishing it actually wasn't there at all !! Maybe a case for Watchdog as a safety feature being taken away is probably newsworthy . Until then i will continue to enjoy driving my car … and try not to look at that little button .
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Stuart, I think you find that most people had the same feeling a “Safety Issue”. I contacted NCS Germany on this subject and posted the comments from the Forum and they did not really understand the problem. Finally I was sent in German / English a document requesting that I pull over, stop and use the telephone, when I tried to discuss this further with NCS the phone was slammed down. I cannot remember seeing any facts resulting from Legal Action against Nissan although it was mentioned - Dave 🙄
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Hi Stuart...mine is the same regarding Voice Recognition for making calls, the button is there but it will not activate the VR, and like yours the button will answer calls but won't make them.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red