Warranty issue not resolved but now not covered

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
B Ogbrush
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by B Ogbrush »

My 2016 Qashqai Tekna has had an ongoing problem, a rattle behind the dashboard, despite this problem being investigated by two Nissan main dealers on several different occasions and being without the car for weeks at a time the rattle remains. Now the car is out of warranty and despite this being an ongoing and unresolved problem (first documented over 12 months ago) Nissan are washing their hands of the issue as the vehicle is no longer under warranty. I have spoken to Nissan customer services who tell me that under special circumstances Nissan MAY pay for parts if I want to continue to have this problem investigated but I would have to pay for any labour costs!

They were totally unsympathetic to my dilemma despite the problem being unresolved when the vechlcle WAS under warranty.

I welcome other owner’s comments and opinions regarding this issue.

NB:

If any owners have ANY outstanding warranty issues (CVT gearbox, ETC) GET THEM SORTED BEFORE THE MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY EXPIRES or you're screwed.
Last edited by B Ogbrush on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
2023 Nissan Qashqai e-Power Tekna Ink Blue

[Gone 2016 Nissan Qashqai 1.6 Tekna Xtronic]
[Gone Mercedes S Class W220]
[Gone Range Rover Vogue]

David56
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by David56 »

Sorry for your dilemma, as the problem started well before the warranty expired legally, I'm sure they need to get it finalised, end of.
Disgusting way to be treated when they are clearly in the wrong.
If need be contact contact the various car magazines or if the worse comes to the worse sue the bastards!!
Qashqai 1.3 auto 160bhp Tekna plus in Vivid Blue.
Now gone after 10 months from new.