Qashqai alarm screaming when boot is open?!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Kbro272
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Kbro272 »

Hello guys, Kieran here. First time posting on a forum anywhere. Basically got myself a 67 plate silver qashqai 1.2T Nconnecta last week (absolutely in love with it) I soon started to notice that when I switch the car off, get out and head for the boot (change work boots etc) the cars alarm starts to go off after about a minute and I have to press the unlock button to get it to stop. All im doing is turning the car off and heading to open the boot I can't understand why the alarm is sounding when the car is still unlocked? Any help or guidance would be very appreciated as this is really embarrassing!

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

I've heard of this before - needs a warranty claim.
Last edited by gloucester on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

I find with my 67 that if I unlock and power down the windows (partly) with i-key... within 20 odd secs the car will auto pull in the mirrors and quite quickly set off the alarm. Not sure how long that would sound as I stop it with the key. That alarm event can be stopped by performing above and manually opening the driver door and closing it. No alarm activation after that.

The alarm I think is triggered by the volumetric sensors on the inner windscreen top console when the car self locks with windows open. No switch there on mine to turn those sensors off.

The hatch is always too sensitive for me and requires the point button (next to hatch release) to be pressed first. I normally do that which will of course close the whole car and won't shut any open window when pressed out of sequence...e.g car already open on press. So have to press again to open everything without alarm.

Some of this is in the manual...since I don't drive much I forget! Too complicated AFAIK

I wish i could disable most of it but don't have the patience to hunt it all down.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Kbro272

Post by Kbro272 »

That's what I can't understand! I've come from a relatively unmodern 10 plate astra to the QQ. I was under the impression that once a car is unlocked is stays unlocked until you lock it with the key. It does not alarm when I'm fiddling about in the front cleaning or something it only goes off when I'm busy in the boot. Meh.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Kbro272 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:26 am That's what I can't understand! I've come from a relatively unmodern 10 plate astra to the QQ. I was under the impression that once a car is unlocked is stays unlocked until you lock it with the key. It does not alarm when I'm fiddling about in the front cleaning or something it only goes off when I'm busy in the boot. Meh.
Same here...I was surprised how awkward this thing was as regards a few things...alarm events and followed by freaking stop/start. It is rather trigger happy around doors, windows and especially the hatch.

Must of been made for the looney lands.....London and other similar dumps.!

Colin
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Kbro272 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:26 am That's what I can't understand! I've come from a relatively unmodern 10 plate astra to the QQ. I was under the impression that once a car is unlocked is stays unlocked until you lock it with the key. It does not alarm when I'm fiddling about in the front cleaning or something it only goes off when I'm busy in the boot. Meh.
With modern cars if you unlock the car with the car remote and don't open a door then it relocks about 45 seconds later. However opening a door turns that functionality off.

However that doesn't apply to your scenario - it's just getting confused
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Kbro272

Post by Kbro272 »

My first thought was that the car is unlocked as I get out of the drivers seat heading to the boot but the key is going out of range of the car and maybe once it goes out of range it auto locks? I'm going to try pressing unlock as I head to the boot purposely. Also going to try leaving the key in range whilst I head to the boot see if that makes any difference. The boot handle latch has 2 pressable buttons I don't know what the second one does
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Kbro272 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:11 pm My first thought was that the car is unlocked as I get out of the drivers seat heading to the boot but the key is going out of range of the car and maybe once it goes out of range it auto locks? I'm going to try pressing unlock as I head to the boot purposely. Also going to try leaving the key in range whilst I head to the boot see if that makes any difference. The boot handle latch has 2 pressable buttons I don't know what the second one does
The i-key (fob) will operate over about 50 yards from the car. It'll Auto lock in range after so many seconds unless the door has been manually opened. I was hoping that Auto function would appear in a Settings menu somewhere...don't think so?

A silenced alarm/doors released must be available...in the instance of a car ferry for example or servicing etc

The pointed button is the "request to open" which operates the same way as the driver/pax door button. That operation stops the alarm
The second flat button is the latch (hatch door) release.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Kbro272

Post by Kbro272 »

Will take everything on board guys thanks! Another funny thing I came back from work to the multi storey car park where my car was parked and opposite is a gym where they play loud dance music. I came back to my car alarm going mental and I realised it was the vibration of the music setting it off as I out my hand on the car and it was proper shaking like a shitting dog!
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Kbro272 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:36 pm Will take everything on board guys thanks! Another funny thing I came back from work to the multi storey car park where my car was parked and opposite is a gym where they play loud dance music. I came back to my car alarm going mental and I realised it was the vibration of the music setting it off as I out my hand on the car and it was proper shaking like a shitting dog!
Had one of those when parked outside my house on street. A real old heavy truck passed full of topsoil or similar...that kicked the alarm off. Happened once after 3 or 4 passes by the truck.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta