Spate of thefts from Qashqais

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
beckiell
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by beckiell »

Hi all

I live in the Croydon area and mine (a 2011 Qashqai) and two other Qashqais in neighbouring roads have had thefts this weekend - cars locked, no damage to windows or anything. Just small thefts (ipods), the thieves must have some device for opening the car.

If anyone has any advice, or knows how big this issue is, please let me know. I have logged it with the police for info,

Beckie

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Most of what we know (in this forum) is in this thread: (Nissan and the police are well aware)

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5973

I have a property in Eltham...fortunately with a garage.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
beckiell
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by beckiell »

Thank you!
Beckie
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Beckie, the post from Calnorth (very Interesting) is primarily for the “Intelligent Key” type QQ’s. Securing a vehicle from a Break in is not an easy task even with Alarm Systems as some of these Guys are real hero’s and are not bothered. Security Glass Film can also be used but as you mentioned your QQ had no damage so these Guys obviously have the Technique on breaking into vehicles with no damage whether it be Electronically or a Key Job. A Big Brute of a Dog or sleeping in the QQ are options but also not really on 🙄
Attached is some information on car break-in prevention if of interest which includes the comment of “Out of Sight Out of Mind” or hide everything - All the Best Dave 😉

How can you prevent a car break-in? Tips to keep your car safe : https://insurancehub.com/prevent-car-break-in/

How to Prevent Having Your Car Broken Into : https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/ho ... ason-unrau
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Its a near 20 year old story Dave...Code Grabbing. Seem to remember it was about War Driving or Road Warriors by the City dwelling dogs.

They'd hang around busy car parking places/motorway flyovers grabbing simple key codes and likely recording the number plate with it...or worse, follow the car. So with your library of grabbed key codes you could drive around and sit near a vehicle and run a code transmitter through a list of codes....and pop it opens? This is before key fobs kept rolling through different codes as now. Hence relay transmitters with a grabber.

They did the same with wifi in houses and laptops in cars. Leave your car with laptop running/standby and both could be gone on your return.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta