Warranty repair

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Lugsamuke
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Lugsamuke »

Evening all

I recently purchased a 64 plate qashqai. I bought from a dealer and several days later i noticed the aircon was not blowing out cold, never checked it at the time i bought it for some reason. Anyway i got a UV torch and looked in the engine bay at night to see if the gases had leaked out and low and behold they had. I contaxted the dealer and they asked me to return the car to them for inspection as i had a 30 day warranty on it, but i live in london and i bought the car from west bromich so this was not really feasable. I then got a quote to replace the condenser and regas which came to £600. I sent this to the dealer and they have said this is too expensive and the car would need to be returned to them.

The issue is not only the journey but theybwould require the car for atvleast 24 hours, this means o would have to do a 500 mile overall trip as i would need to go there and back twice!! Where do i stand with this as i dont want to go back to them and i was never advised that the car would need to be returned to them if i had any issues. I assumed the warranty wiuld be done at a network garage that is part of their extended warranty options

Thanks

Noddy1875
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Noddy1875 »

I would say unfortunately you would have to take the car back to where you bought it, to give them a chance to fix it.
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

As it appears you are out of the Nissan Guarantee you could try pushing your Dealer for a replacement at their cost. The reason being this problem is well known by QQ Owners and was due to Defect Condensers from a Supplier. If you read the attachment or just go into “Search” you should find enough facts to discuss this. You might be lucky you might not but unfortunately as you have mentioned it will cost you money and time - Dave 😏

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6776&hilit=Condens ... ems#p57637
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

If you bought from a Nissan "franchise" like Westway, your supplying dealer might be able to put you on to someone in the same group.
If not, well the dealer is offering to fix it for you and despite the raging inconvenience you might have to spend a day, a night and some of the next day in West Brom.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)