Qashqai wont start. No lights at all

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
tonyduffy8
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by tonyduffy8 »

Hello,

Was driving home 2 days ago and literally every warning light came on one by one and my steering practically failed and had to wrestle it home somehow. As soon as I parked I turned it off then tried to turn it back on again and the screens just started flickering then the power died. No idea what to do as I can't drive it anywhere now. The latch that lifts the bonnet seems to have come off so it won't open the bonnet.

I did leave my headphones charging in the cigarette lighter by mistake so it may be that. Got the battery replaced in December 2017.

Is there anything I can do to check what's going on? Also, what to do if I can't actually move the car anywhere and the bonnet wont open?

Thanks for any help

Keirdo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Keirdo »

Hello,

Sounds like an alternator issue (this charges battery while car is running). Unlikely to be your battery. Also had this happen on my old car a couple of times - an Astra which were notorious for alternator problems and what happened each time were exactly the symtoms you described.

Hope you get back on the road soon 🙂
Noddy1875
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Noddy1875 »

I'm sure the socket in the front is permanent live, so if you've had something plugged in it may of drained the battery.
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI