Has anyone had a problem with signal blocker pouches not working?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

james_uk wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:13 pm ...

Because of being a little worried about it, led me to testing it a lot when out and when in the car to make sure it seems to work, up to now it seemed to but tonight we went out shopping and when we got back to the car, the 1 key we had with us was in its pouch and the car was definitely locked as the wing mirrors were in.

i tried to open one of the rear doors with the key still in the pouch and the door opened which we said straight away hmm that’s a bit odd, we'll have to test that when we get home.

Following the reply above, that does thus sound like an unusual occurrence. Unless Nissan has changed the system recently.

You should still have to press the button on the front door before opening a rear door. Opening a rear door before that suggests that door wasn't actually locked in the first place.

Try it again and see.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I don't know about the J11/J11a. However, what I discovered on search around is that the J11b is using Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. Similar to credit cards for door press buttons at 80cms range. Low Frequency Antennas in the doors which communicate with the Intel Key fob.

I'm trying to track this in action and the one thing I don't know quite is the actual frequency. Somewhere along the Long Wave Band maybe.

So apart from pressing your Intel key with the thieves within a 50mtr radius all round, the car will do the same using the door press buttons to signal your Intel key to open the doors at 80cms. So the thieves need to trigger the Intel Key with a door press signal, which maybe rather simple pulses?

Its likely unfortunate that the thieves know this push button radio frequency and its signal structure is? And thats right across a whole bunch of car types. Seems to be a sequence here...pick up door press/replicate - relay to Intel key at remote place/home - on key response relay Intel Key code back to car vicinity - door open and start.

Some of this tends to indicate Smartphone car access.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta