Radio / CD Player issue

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
twodogz
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by twodogz »

Hello
Just upgraded from a White 17 plate petrol N-Connecta to a Grey 69 plate petrol Tekna. All going well so far but have a minor issue with the radio/CD player.
Being 'old school' I tend to have the DAB on Radio 2 nearly all the time, but also have a CD in the slot handy for when I fancy a change. So here's the thing; I stop, switch off the engine and open the door (cutting off the radio) and lock the car. Occasionally (but not every time) when I get back into the car and turn the engine on, the CD starts playing (unprompted). Not a major problem (granted) but irritating nonetheless and something to report at my 1st service if it continues.

I remember having the DAB signal drop-out on the older car, but thought that we had a DAB 'black hole' near Portsmouth, until I noted the other similar reports on the forum.

I wonder if anyone else suffers from random CD interruptions !

Twodogz
2023 J12 Mild Hybrid Xtronic N-Connecta in Storm White

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

That's fascinating, I wonder if there's some electronic "preferred order of play" thing going on whereby the unit "sees" a CD and assumes that it has priority - because it's there ?
IIRC the old connect unit would play music from an iPod/iPhone in preference to the radio - if connected via a USB cable.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Think I've seen that but am fed up with my CD collection anyway. There certainly exists a priority order which I'd expect and would hold position on playing track also. I did note that the armrest USB socket holds the USB stick powered on when ignition off. One of my USB sticks has a searchlight quality blue led on it!! FIamm battery death warning to me.

DAB suffers from digital dropouts dependant on vehicle surrounds anywhere....thats one of its qualities? Actually a lack of. FM will simply hiss and fizz.

I worked for QinetiQ and visited the site often up the back of Pompey. You loose your electronic car key control in there.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I had a USB stick permanently plugged in - did cause any issue. Stopped using CDs when I got the Qashqai.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)