what else can go wrong

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
oldman64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by oldman64 »

Hi. On another thread I posted about air con which is now being sorted under warranty what else are common faults with the Qashqai so to be aware of, dont frighten me to much but I would like to know what I could expect. Mine is the 2016 Qashqai 1500 N TEC DCI 26000 on clock :roll:

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Oldman64, I suppose we could be classed as “Nissan” People as we have had 4 Nissan’s now. But what our priority is, is a vehicle that functions, at a good price (Discounts), meets its goals, Nice appearance, Nice Accessories, good Dealership Backup etc. What our priority was and is, is that our present “Dealer” supplies a Customer Service and our Dealer does that and that is why we stay there. With all our cars every Nissan Problem was corrected under Guarantee / NCS with no charge to us and we have never been turned away or fopped off, to me a good relationship is worth a lot it works both ways.
Despite these old problems we still very much like our QQ as it is quiet, comfortable and basically meets our needs - Dave 👍

Do not forget on Forums there are always more Criticisms than Good Comments and each person has their own experiences.

Just regarding the Common Faults ours is a 2014 1,2L Petrol QQ Tekna :
14 - Software problems upgraded
16 - 2x Rear Hatch Struts (slow closing cold weather)
16 - Creaky Steering new Front Rubber Struts Installed
16 - New Condenser Installed leaking Major Nissan Problem
17 - New Battery
17 - Nissan Connect System Problems Complete new System Installed (Expensive)
There were also some Nissan Recall Actions carried out.

Now these are our problems and I am sure other members can and will add their experiences so you get a better picture.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Whoops, just drunk a coffee and the Brain what there is of it has kicked in - Dave 😉
Just a few more come to mind :
Stop / Start
Alloy Wheels especially Diamond Cut can get the “White Worm” which is corrosion (ours not).
Roof Rail Silver End Caps can be seen to have vertical “Scratch” marks on them (ours were replaced but are back again)
Sensors / Rear Cameras can malfunction when heavy rain is around - blinking - Clean

OK Over & Out !
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

You get the 3 year warranty stuff on a Nissan new car...transferable. That should get it well passed its early life failure zone. After that you pay the money and take that familiar risk.

26000 miles isn't much. I bought a Ford Focus at that mileage...no problem except the damned Ford battery and alternator that killed it. 3 years old.
I didn't replace with Ford parts because of their looney pricing. The Alternator was a refurb replacement. Simple stuff not getting a corporate hammering yet...thankfully!
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta