Rear Passenger Door Not Locking

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
AndyUK
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by AndyUK »

Bit of an odd one, but I locked the car this morning (button on the handle) then went back a few minutes later to grab something from the rear driver side passenger door, forgot to actually unlock the car but the door opened and the alarm sounded! Closing the door stops the alarm, but you're able to open the door repeatedly (with the alarm sounding each time).

I then used the key fob to lock the car and the door locked...has anyone else had a similar issue? I'm assuming this may need a trip back to the Nissan garage?

I did notice in the past week when I was locking the car with the button that you could hear almost like a double locking sound, like the doors are locking then unlocking. Testing the doors they were locked (including the one that's now not locking properly). I'm wondering if this was the start of it. Can central locking go out of sync??

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Someone else reported a similar problem recently - maybe two weeks ago? - opening the rear passenger door when the car was supposedly locked. Not sure whether a resolution was found.

Reading the manual there doesn't appear to any difference in what happens whether you press the button on the remote or the door.

The "double locking sound" might be the superlocks' method of activating? (i.e. deadlocks)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
AndyUK

Post by AndyUK »

I've had to book it into the garage for them to have a look. It still randomly occurs. It seems I just have to keep pressing the lock button on the fob until the door lock clicks.

Thanks for the reply though.
Dougie1

Post by Dougie1 »

Hi
Hope this is ok , newbie here, I’ve just locked my car , qq ntec 67 plate , all doors lock accept the rear offside passenger one . Any help would be appreciated
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Each door is controlled by BCM (Body Control Module) and after that its wiring/plugs and lock motors. So it could be a simple electrical problem or an awkward problem related to the controlling activity of BCM.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
AndyUK

Post by AndyUK »

I never did take my car in to the garage, I think they wanted £50-100 just to look at it! Fortunately it just started working again. But it has randomly happened since. I make it a habit now to just pull on the handle before walking off, or pressing the lock button twice.

Probably going to sound odd but it’s usually after heavy rain that it happens, maybe just coincidence though!
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

AndyUK wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:03 am I never did take my car in to the garage, I think they wanted £50-100 just to look at it! Fortunately it just started working again. But it has randomly happened since. I make it a habit now to just pull on the handle before walking off, or pressing the lock button twice.

Probably going to sound odd but it’s usually after heavy rain that it happens, maybe just coincidence though!
Its likely an electrical connection problem...to start with. Something that WD40 might cure but needs the door card removing to gain lock unit access.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta