Drivers seat creaking

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

60000 mile on the clock, I weigh a 14 stone or just over 88 kilo. So not a large person.
Anyway 2 year ago my drivers seat started creaking so took it in for repair, the fix was in there words they had adjusted it and tightened it up.
The creak has started again so I took it back to be investigated and now being told I need a new seat frame £758, the car still has a warranty but Nissan dealer claims not covered.

So Nissan dealer think it is acceptable for a seat at 4.5 years old on a car that has done 60000 mile and only driven by me to need replacing.
I would of thought this is a manufacturing fault surely the life time of a seat frame can not be so short ?
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights

Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

Just thought I would come back and update this post.

So the Nissan Dealership told me I needed the rear seat frame assay and the bottom seat assay replacing to resolve this problem.
They also told me that my warranty DID NOT cover this, I decided to contact Nissan direct and after 2 conversations was told to contact the supplier of the warranty.
I contacted the warranty supplier and they told me these parts were covered under the warranty and all the dealer needed to do was phone them.
Back on the phone to the dealer and once again told me NO NO NO, I had to insist to speak to the service manager ( who was supposedly in a meeting ) and after 10 minutes and threatening to come in to the branch they transferred me to the service Manager.

After a chat with him he also agreed yes it was covered and did not know why I was told different, so the parts are now on order, car booked in to have the job done.

But that is not all there is to this story, On the inspection I was also told gas struts were weak on hatchback, yes they were and I already knew this, BUT THEY WERE ALSO NOT COVERED.
Quoted £412 to replace them so I purchased some for £20 and done the job myself in 10 minutes.
It now turns out they were covered.

Also one of my front fog lights had water ingress again NOT COVERED.
It turns out this is covered if there is no stone chip to the glass or any cracks in the glass,my fog light does not have any chipped/cracked glass so that is also going to be repaired under warranty.

Just wanted to let others know always go away and do your home work if you think some thing is not right, these repairs would of cost me over £1500 if I would of allowed my steeler dealer get away with this.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
tidyguy

Post by tidyguy »

Good info. Thanks for sharing. My seat creaks, but I think it's actually the belt holder that's squeaking. Graphite lube helps, but it keeps coming back.