Which audio device do you use for Bluetooth?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Icarus
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Icarus »

Have been looking into buying something just to keep in the car, rather than trying to remember to take my ipod in and out every day.

I would prefer to have something that played WMA lossless files...at full res. Ipod won't play these files and ideally would prefer something cheaper!

I did find something online, but it was cheap and didn't play the full res files.

Just wondering what others use!

Cheers,
Mark
2016 - N-Connecta 1.5 DCI. Black. Diamond cut alloys. Panoramic roof.

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

This doesn't really help but I have all my music on my iPhone, works seamlessly on Bluetooth and CarPlay.
However, I know that there are folk on here who keep their music on memory sticks and plug that into the USB port to play music - would that fit your needs ?
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Icarus, of the same opinion as Mike using iPhone music through Bluetooth & CarPlay. Our QQ J11B is a week old so still learning, but the iPhone music with cable and USB Connection in the Centre Armrest is great. Also found a couple of old USB Sticks in a cupboard, so checked them out on the PC and then placed them in the Centre Armrest and Hey Ho more music - Dave 😁
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I usually crank the treble and bass (mid+low) to push an mp3 to something acceptable..to me. So its an old USB stick that has mp3's minced through an audio editor and the cars simple balancing functions. Just won't spend special money on it.

Never bothered with WMA and I doubt my hearing would know any differences anyway. And thats since age 30 - ish
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Icarus
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Icarus »

Thanks very much for the tips guys! I actually hadn't thought about the USB connection. This might be the ideal solution actually, as I already have a fair few USB sticks lying around. I was after a dedicated player simply for the simplicity of being able to select songs easier than navigating through the steering wheel controls. However, I probably should give it a try first

I do have an iphone at the moment, but it's on it's last legs battery wise, and would involve a fair bit of file conversion.....but that IS another option for me

Thanks for the help! :)
2016 - N-Connecta 1.5 DCI. Black. Diamond cut alloys. Panoramic roof.