Have I made the right decision ?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
dodgydino62
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by dodgydino62 »

I've just traded in my 61 plate diesel ntec for a petrol 1.3 tekna.... the reason I've gone from diesel to petrol is I started to have issues with carbon build up and found the exhaust sensor pipe blocked and had to clean it out so I started to think I would have issues with the dpf and decided the time was to get rid.
I had the car for 6.5 years and for the first 3.5 years I was traveling 35 miles a day up and down a dual carriageway but then moved house closer to work and was travelling half the distance...
Traveling shorter distances I believed didn't really do the car any good because by the time I was getting to work the car was only just warm.
I think anyone with a diesel doing regular short journeys needs to give it a good blast once in a while to make sure the dpf is regenerating.
After saying all this I had very few issues with my diesel ntec and it was a joy to own it for the 6.5 years I had it.
Previously a 61 plate diesel ntec now a 68 plate 1.3 petrol tekna.

Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

Hi Gloucester,
My N-connecta was registered on the 28th March 2018, I'm collecting it on Friday
parky74

Post by parky74 »

Hi DD62,
That is reassuring to know as I had nothing but trouble with my 65 plate Auris 1.6 diesel, mainly EGR related, which I believe used a BMW unit and eventually returned the car. The Insignia I had after that would occasionally instruct me to continue driving in order to clean the DPF. Does the Qashqai give any sort of warning if it needs a quick blast as the Auris just resorted to going into limp mode after several failed EGR regen attempts? 8 times in as many weeks was the final straw, especially when I had to keep taking it back to the dealer who was a 20 mile round trip.
dodgydino62

Post by dodgydino62 »

parky74 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:35 am Hi DD62,
That is reassuring to know as I had nothing but trouble with my 65 plate Auris 1.6 diesel, mainly EGR related, which I believe used a BMW unit and eventually returned the car. The Insignia I had after that would occasionally instruct me to continue driving in order to clean the DPF. Does the Qashqai give any sort of warning if it needs a quick blast as the Auris just resorted to going into limp mode after several failed EGR regen attempts? 8 times in as many weeks was the final straw, especially when I had to keep taking it back to the dealer who was a 20 mile round trip.
The qashqai does give a warning when the dpf needs regenerating but as a friend found out the sensor to warn about the issue wasn't working and he only found he had an issue when it was too late.
Previously a 61 plate diesel ntec now a 68 plate 1.3 petrol tekna.
parky74

Post by parky74 »

dodgydino62 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:17 am
parky74 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:35 am Hi DD62,
The qashqai does give a warning when the dpf needs regenerating but as a friend found out the sensor to warn about the issue wasn't working and he only found he had an issue when it was too late.
I'll have to bear that in mind although I would hope that my daily 45 mile journey to work and back would be enough to keep things running smoothly.
But you never know.
Lee.
Hackney

Post by Hackney »

I have had mine since mid 2016.No issues with it.It was recalled for a bracket to be fitted underneath the body(national recall) other than that,has been faultless.Has been a few trips to broken hill & back(round trip of 2,400ks) cruises easily on the roads out there @ around 140+Kph.(even fitted a “Carbra”to combat stones,insects etc.....)

20BE30AF-BC4D-4436-8B2C-84C89B406D0A.jpeg

Living the dream!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hackney, nice Bra I think I will show the wife.😂 I suppose in NSW when you refer to stones we would call them Rocks. I would assume this sort of Cover is a Must for you to prevent damage. Is this Cover a Standard Manufactured Item or a Special just out of interest - Thanks Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hackney

Post by Hackney »

Hi Dave,they are available from “Car Bra Australia”(just go on their website) they custom make to order.Assorted colours are available.Price is around(from memory $450 mark) well worth the money.I have had a few over the years.Very good quality & well made.Going to get one for my GT Mustang as well.Highly recommended.Cheers:):)Ron.
Living the dream!
Ray H
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Ray H »

Hi mostyn. How are You getting on with you're new 15dci.this model is my favoured choice have a cdti astra currently never had a problem with dxf . But always use BP ultimate diesel convinced this makes a big difference. Cheers
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

Ray H wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:41 am Hi mostyn. How are You getting on with you're new 15dci.this model is my favoured choice have a cdti astra currently never had a problem with dxf . But always use BP ultimate diesel convinced this makes a big difference. Cheers
So far so good, I really like driving it; although it's taken a little wile to get used to all the electronics on it.. I always used my old car with things like interior lights etc.. turned off to save on the car battery, so I have begun to find out some small ways on the QQ to save a little of the battery charge (especially in Winter) by pressing the door mirror button so the mirrors don't open when I start the car; I then release the button once I've started the car, turn start-stop-off, use lights manually - not auto. just some small things to prolong the car battery life. But I'm loving the car so far.