Info needed on lane assist

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
dodgydino62
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by dodgydino62 »

Could do with a bit of information regarding my recent purchase.... a 68 plate Qashqai tekna (petrol).
The car has lane assist, I've noticed that when drifting into another lane it starts to beep but can anyone tell me if it would adjust the steering automatically to pull the car back into lane or is this just a feature with propilot.
Also it (i think) has brake assist, would this feature kick in if approaching a car in front too fast, I've noticed I get a warning on the dash but cant say I've noticed any automatic braking..... again is this just a propilot feature.
Thanks
Previously a 61 plate diesel ntec now a 68 plate 1.3 petrol tekna.

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Its beeping to warn you that you have gone over the white lines between the lanes. All the info can be found in the car owners manual. It wont take control of your car and move you back into the correct lane.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Firstly Welcome !. You will find that if you indicate the “Beeping” does not happen and this is only on white marked line roads. As mentioned by Andy it does not automatically put you back in the correct lane. This is a ProPILOT Function and it does work. The Braking effect definitely does happen from a warning to a dramatic braking (if you do not react) we have had it on our J11A model and it’s also installed on the ProPILOT as well.
If you want to learn more then take a look at the old posts by playing around with subjects in the “Search” Area - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
dodgydino62

Post by dodgydino62 »

Thanks for the reply, I understood how most of these things worked but wasnt sure on others.....thanks for clearing it up.
Previously a 61 plate diesel ntec now a 68 plate 1.3 petrol tekna.
conrail

Post by conrail »

hi dodgydino62, you can switch these options off, yesterday I was about 2 car distances behind a van who started to brake, immediatly my car started to beep and slow down so I know that works, I might be wrong but I understand the lane change beep only activated over 37 mph, had my qahqai since 24th March last so still new to it
conrail

Post by conrail »

had a ford with lane assist that would try to drag be back into my original lane but only beeps on my qashqai