Green Light of Car Image Pointing Upwards

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Mostyn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Mostyn »

QQ J11, 2018 N-Connecta 1.5,dci,
New to me this light came on while on a slight incline, and NOT using the handbrake with auto brake turned off, just resting my foot on the foot brake! Wen't to pull away and couldn't; brakes felt as if they were stuck on, and an image on the screen showing a car pointing up hill in a green light, made terrible nose as if brake was stuck on.
Anyone ever noticed the image on the screen when trying to pull away after holding the car on foot brake only?
First time I've ever noticed it; and not there since.

IMG_2559.JPG

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mostyn, please take a read of the facts here below or the Manual might well help : Dave 😏

AD661575-1957-4CB1-A91B-4565CBA4AE14.jpeg

46F99E95-FF3E-4649-911A-0A7F61E40918.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

Thanks Dave,
I was on a very slight incline (almost flat) brake hold and brake assist off; just holding on foot brake. I realise if the brake hold button was on this activates the hold, wasn't sure it would activate while using foot brake only, it wouldn't pull away at first, made a binding screech sort of noise. The diagram of the green car on an incline was visible. I couldn't find this particular situation in the hand book.
I never use the brake hold, always have it turned off.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Mostyn wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:05 pm Thanks Dave,
I was on a very slight incline (almost flat) brake hold and brake assist off; just holding on foot brake. I realise if the brake hold button was on this activates the hold, wasn't sure it would activate while using foot brake only, it wouldn't pull away at first, made a binding screech sort of noise. The diagram of the green car on an incline was visible. I couldn't find this particular situation in the hand book.
The green Hold light...on the Revs dial...I think? No matter its holding the brakes on either by Hold or Auto.

Its certainly not perfect and will unexpectedly release badly. Usually its smooth but every now and then its screws up with a scrunch noise...too slow on release.

The mechanism is a screw in/unscrew of brake pad assemblies by electric motors. Synchronisation gets lost somewhere?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

calnorth wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:17 pm
Mostyn wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:05 pm Thanks Dave,
The green Hold light...on the Revs dial...I think? No matter its holding the brakes on either by Hold or Auto.

Its certainly not perfect and will unexpectedly release badly. Usually its smooth but every now and then its screws up with a scrunch noise...too slow on release.

The mechanism is a screw in/unscrew of brake pad assemblies by electric motors. Synchronisation gets lost somewhere?
Thank you,
it makes me wonder if we need all these electronic devices? So, I may as well turn the auto-hold on then? Well at least I know what is happening with the car.
Your Help Appreciated Dave & Calnorth.
kaylan731

Post by kaylan731 »

I am very wary of the auto brake hold.
Just a mistrust of anything which does automatically, what I have had to do, when driving, for the last 50 + years.
Nissan Qashqai Tekna Ink Blue 2018
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Mostyn wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:40 pm
Mostyn wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:05 pm
Thank you,
it makes me wonder if we need all these electronic devices? So, I may as well turn the auto-hold on then? Well at least I know what is happening with the car.
I have the Auto Hold (for hills) on always...just apply foot brake and when stationary stay on the foot pedal for 3 or so seconds. You'll feel the pedal harden up against your foot pressure. The green light will then appear and braking is applied. Car is on Hold (held)

The pull up handbrake is just that...pull up when parking. I put car in reverse when engine stopped. Belt and Braces.

There is a certain case to put the cable handbrake system back...safer. These auto systems can be a real nuisance...just like Start/Stop.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

calnorth wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:13 pm
Mostyn wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:40 pm
Thank you,
I have the Auto Hold (for hills) on always...just apply foot brake and when stationary stay on the foot pedal for 3 or so seconds. You'll feel the pedal harden up against your foot pressure. The green light will then appear and braking is applied. Car is on Hold (held)

The pull up handbrake is just that...pull up when parking. I put car in reverse when engine stopped. Belt and Braces.

Me too, " I put car in reverse when engine stopped. Belt and Braces."

I agree with : "There is a certain case to put the cable handbrake system back...safer. These auto systems can be a real nuisance...just like Start/Stop." I turn stop/start off every time I start the engine.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I must be the odd one out here. I have always had Manual cars and when our Sales Guy showed me this “Auto Hold” I was impressed because in the US with Rentals it was always a “Foot on the Brake” Job. Now after about 7 weeks into driving the J11B and using this system on ours it is perfect, even stopping and starting on Multi-Story Parking Slopes - Dave 😋
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Dave...you wait until you get a bill for it. The steel cable version is £50 at most and dead simple.

Ok..I know you'll upgrade at the 3 year warranty mark. Think I will and now know precisely what to look for...bloody difficult.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta