Next Car

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

With our other car a Skoda Octavia coming up to 9 years old and 176k on the clock my wife said she wanted a new car, thought our 2014 QQ too large and did not want similar for herself,and wanted something stylish but slightly smaller. I have spent the last two days looking at Mercedes A series, BMW 1 and 2 series and Lexus Forums to read their comments.Guess what they are all complaining about poor dealers, rattles, parking sensors, engine noises etc. In fact I was beginning to think I was being redirected back to this site by mistake. Are we to assume then that all cars are problematic all dealers are rubbish are we realistically all looking for something that is not actual there ?I have just been back on the Skoda Yeti site (my previous car, before the QQ) and virtually no complaints at all, everyone seems enthusiastic and happy and no knocking of dealers or the car. I mentioned this to my wife and she said let's get another Yeti then, unless someone has something good to say about the other cars, looks like we will be sticking with Skoda again.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

I am moving to nissan for the first time and never been on a forum before. Some of the comments I have read make me bpnervous or do forums attract a certain type of customer. I have had Toyota for the last ten years, prius. floor both models the dealer service I have had was excellent, could not be faulted. I am just hoping that one of the two nissan dealers nearest to me are as good.
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Considered waiting for the Nissan Pulsar? If you like the QQ, then its essentially a shrunk down version with the same engines. I have no problem with my QQ or Micra DIG-S... don't forget most people only hunt down forums and post when they get a problem, you very rarely find a post saying "today, my car is running fine".Maybe we should start doing it! We have also become a nation of "perfectionists" and wont accept anything unless its perfect. Or get it into our heads that something is wrong, when in fact, there is nothing wrong and/or miss understand the function.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

To put your mind at rest Kentishman, I am more than happy with my QQ and the dealer has been fine. Unfortunately forums do appear to attract as you say a certain type of customer (I'll say no more) as I have seen on the other forums as well. I have posted before that a lot of the complainants never seem to come back with additional comments, so I do not take that much notice, but I do understand your concern. As others on this forum have discovered, just wait for your car and enjoy it, it is no where near as problematic as some on here make out, unless they have been very unlucky or looking for total perfection, that no car achieves.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

[quote="Kentishman"]I am moving to nissan for the first time and never been on a forum before. Some of the comments I have read make me bpnervous or do forums attract a certain type of customer. I have had Toyota for the last ten years, prius. floor both models the dealer service I have had was excellent, could not be faulted. I am just hoping that one of the two nissan dealers nearest to me are as good.[/QUOTE]
Bit I have highlighted says it all... most users will be either doing research, or have a problem. You also get "forum specific social environment", what I mean by that is different forums will have different attitudes, I suppose it depends on the average age of owners/forum members and the way the forums are run and how established the forums is. To be honest, the QQ forums (both this and the other one!) seem to be nothing like other Nissan forums (but I am talking Micra, Primera, Almera, 200sx, all of which have either got a very wide, and established user base) I have been on before, very different environments.
john w

Post by john w »

Well am coming up to 1000 miles in mine and heres my fault list

yep thats right zilch

Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

Thanks. I have a trekna 1.6 cvt on order hopefully coming in July. Will let you know how I get on.
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade