Complaining to Nissan about dealer - any experience?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
phatboy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by phatboy »

Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody has any experience of complaining to Nissan about the performance of a dealership, who have been trying and failing to resolve issues my car.

The car was first registered in January 2019, and has never been right since I purchased it in September 2019.

- 5 complaints with the clutch not being smooth (denied any issue twice, and have replaced the slave cylinder and more recently the master cylinder)
- 5 complaints with the 360 degress cameras being poorly calibrated (Keep re-calibrating, although admitted to not having the proper calibration equipment until very recently)
- 4 complaints that the AEB system is incorrectly activating (Software updated once, since then said no fault codes and no updates, so nothing to be done)
- other things, which have been resolved

I am unconvinced that the issues have actually been looked at in most cases.

I am unsure whether to make contact with the CEO of the dealership or go straight to Nissan. I want the issues fixed - I don't want my money back or a new car, I just want my car to work properly!

5 months in and the car goes in average every 4 weeks, and I'm rapidly running out of patience!

PS: Being where I am, I only have 1 dealership option.

Thanks
Tim
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Tim, I live in Berlin but the same principles should work. I have used this system on our Juke, QQ whether it be complaints or criticisms and the system appeared to function. What I normally do is phone NCS speak to a Call Centre Person but they have little knowledge of technical questions. The request is then to and I would do this anyway, put everything in writing / photos etc.... and email this to NCS, then you should get the normal automatic email they have received your data and it will be looked at. The important point is you should get an NCS Ref No which means Nissan have you facts. In my cases where the complaint involved our vehicle which was our Juke (Manufacturing Problem) our Dealer was informed by NCS and they contacted me.
Personally I would get the facts and approach the Service Mgr, then the CEO of the Dealership (is the Dealership Nissan or Private ?) or wait until you have the NCS No. and paperwork which you can then approach them with. Politeness is normally the Best Approach but if in an open area a little loudness can affect things.
All the Best hope it works let us know the result - Dave 😉

Customer Service | Nissan UK : https://www.nissan.co.uk/customer-service.html

D18313E5-BFF7-4332-803D-905BC8312190.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

There was someone on this site within the last few months who did complain to the head of a dealership...I think by email? That person claimed that things did get moving once that contact had been made.

Its probably best to complain in writing to the head of the dealership first quoting issues and dates. If that fails write to Nissan UK (1st recorded/Signed For) with records. If all fails then Trading Standards.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
paplane

Post by paplane »

I know you say its not an option but I'd say you really need a second opinion from another dealer.

It sounds like you've given your dealer every opportunity to address your faults and they haven't. But, they don't appear to have walked away so that suggests to me that they are willing but useless. No intervention from the boss of the place is likely to get the matters resolved in my opinion. You need to go to Nissan or elsewhere.

I've had 2 QQ's now and had good service from my dealer except for two occasions. First, when they suggested a brake disc on a car with 6k on the clock needed replacing due to corrosion. They suggested it was down to lack of use. I suggested it was ridiculous to have to replace the brakes on a year old car with low mileage. I rang Nissan up to seek a warranty repair, they looked into it and instructed the dealer to change the brake at their expense.

2nd, on a two year old car with 12k on the clock I had the worming issue on an alloy. The guy in the dealership said Nissan wouldn't replace it. I again suggested that was ridiculous. I took some good close-up photos, sent them to the dealer and insisted they ask the question of Nissan. They got approval to replace.