Traffic jam pilot

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Suziwong66
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Suziwong66 »

Evening

Looking at a new tekna and on the website it says traffic jam pilot is this pro pilot? If not what is it?

Any one know?

Thanks

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Susie, you asked this question on another of your posts and I thought I answered it with what you needed or did you not read it, or was I just wrong - Dave 😏

Quote :
“Our QQ has ProPILOT and I have used it and it functions well, but you need you Hands on the Steering Wheel or you get a Warning, Alarm and then Gradual Braking to a Stop, I have never actually tried coming to a stop in our QQ, but I did on the Dealer Test Drive a few times, it is a little Hairy as you are thinking “What if” but it stopped and accelerated away. I had the same questions on the ProPILOT system from a friend in the UK this week and sent him these videos - I hope this explains the system - Dave 😉😁

It actually looks like a “YES” ! 😋
ProPilot combines lane-keeping assistance, ‘intelligent lane intervention’, adaptive cruise control and, for automatics, ‘traffic jam pilot’. All are activated when pressing the ProPilot button on the steering wheel. “Traffic Jam Pilot appears to be only for Autos !”

On manual variants of the Qashqai, a £495 Drive Assist pack is offered, with the traffic jam assist function absent. Traffic jam assist allows the car to slow to a standstill when following a vehicle, and if the stop is for up to three seconds, the car will set off again after the vehicle in front moves. If longer than three seconds, the ‘resume’ button can be pushed on the steering wheel. It’s not possible to offer it on manual transmission because it would be impossible to deploy as the driver would need to use the clutch pedal.

ProPilot combines lane-keeping assistance, 'intelligent lane intervention', adaptive cruise control and, for automatics, 'traffic jam pilot'. ... When the driver sets cruise control, ProPilot maintains a centre lane position and keeps a minimum distance from the vehicle in front.”

With 2 videos also :
https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9448
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Traffic Jam Assistant seems to be a bit counter intuitive to me..of course. So its going to shuffle you along in the 10 mile jams providing you bought an Auto. Manual gearboxes will still need deft two feet operations.

Better that it was Not Get Into a Traffic Jam Assistant which has more to do with the Nav system and connected mobile phone.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Suziwong66

Post by Suziwong66 »

Thanks guys, I asked this to the dealer about crawling along and he said it couldn’t do it it had to be over15mph? So I’m looking at the automatic so this would do this then . He tried to sell me the leaf Yuk
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Suziwong66 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:41 am Thanks guys, I asked this to the dealer about crawling along and he said it couldn’t do it it had to be over15mph? So I’m looking at the automatic so this would do this then . He tried to sell me the leaf Yuk
Make sure you take it on something like a 20 mile test run. Try reversing etc and everything else you might be concerned about. See how you get on with Stop/Start in both an Auto and Manual car...if you can. Make them work for their sale!
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Suziwong66

Post by Suziwong66 »

Only interested in the automatic bit I’ll give it a good test drive and look for a traffic jam😁