A few wee issues with my 16 plate (1.5 n-connecta).

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Icarus
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Icarus »

Hi,

Had my QQ for a few months now and having a few intermittent problems. Nothing too serious but just in the 'annoying' category, and was wondering if anyone else has the same or knows the answers.

First one is a knocking/banging sound from the rear/roof area. Depending on the severity of bumps you go over, you get a fairly loud banging sound.....like a hard bit of plastic hitting off something. I'm fairly sure it's from the roller blind for the glass roof. If so, is it difficult to get into it and have a look? I'm thinking the bars may be slightly out of alignment. Blind operates no problem at all, and it happens when it's open and closed.

A few other issues I'm having are as said, intermittent and I'm wondering if it could be a battery issue causing them? Firstly, when I'm playing audio through the USB port, it will suddenly stop for 30 seconds or so. Can happen 2 or 3 times in the same song, after 15 minutes, or not at all. Occasionally the whole audio/navigation system shuts down and reboots!

Another one is the start/stop system. Seems to make it's own mind up whether it's going to work or not. Not a big issue as I never really use it but if it's needing looked at and going to cause an issue, I should get it sorted.

Last one is the wipers, using the washer. The car again seems to make its own mind up whether it's going to tell the wipers to come on. Happens fairly regular and I end up having to put the wipers on manually!

Again, none of them appear to be major issues, but I'm just wondering if it could be a sign of some underlying issue....such as the battery? Would really appreciate any help/advice on any of these issues.

Thanks,
Mark
2016 - N-Connecta 1.5 DCI. Black. Diamond cut alloys. Panoramic roof.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Not sure what the banging is but the ICE (entertainment box) probably needs a firmware update. Nissan are aware of it and the update is FOC.

Start/Stop is an awkward issue generally but could be a battery problem if the battery is FIAMM?

Same here with wipers. Its either the rain sensing or the whole thing is too complicated anyway?

Colin
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

I have no answers for you; only had my QQ for 2,1/2 months. 2018 -N-Connecta 1.5dci and in my opinion; there are too many gadgets on the car, Although, I do love the car; and driving it. BTW I also have the FIAMM battery fitted to mine (no problems at present) fingers crossed ! Hope you get your QQ sorted soon..
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

The rear roof banging is a known issue - check out elsewhere on here. From memory it's the rear door hinges?

Never had a problem with the infotainment.

Stop/Start hardly ever worked on my car - really annoying. Dealer said I was driving the car too gently. The main cause is thought to be defective - i.e. wrongly programmed - battery charging, which appears not to have a solution.

Never had a problem with the wipers.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Mark, firstly we never had this “Banging” Roof problem but there was a very long post on the Forum on this subject so it might be worth taking a read of it as it might help you or set you in the right direction :
Tapping noise in rear on straight roads - Page 13 - Nissan QashQai Forums : viewtopic.php?t=5677&start=120

Regarding the infotainment system we did have this problem with our J11A which went away with other come and go electronic problems when we had a new FIAMM Battery Installed. But the Stop / Start never worked consistently only went it wanted.
In our new J11B we have a VARTA Battery and the Stop / Start works at present all of the time. Take a read of the recent post regarding Batteries.

With reference to the Wipers, have you played around with these settings because I have noted the setting is sometimes not fine enough when raining - Give it a Try see how it goes Best of Luck Dave 😊

95E98BB2-16F0-426E-9E3E-0CADD242AF8D.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mark, to save you looking here is the Battery Post - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9521#p75048
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

calnorth wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:35 am Not sure what the banging is but the ICE (entertainment box) probably needs a firmware update. Nissan are aware of it and the update is FOC.

Start/Stop is an awkward issue generally but could be a battery problem if the battery is FIAMM?

Same here with wipers. Its either the rain sensing or the whole thing is too complicated anyway?

Colin
Sorry for the late reply Colin, had forgotten to check on this thread. Thanks for the info.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Thanks for all the replies folks. I have one (potential) fix, but no further forward with the others.

I decided to have another wee look at the roof issue as it was really annoying me. I stuck my finger up between the plastic trim over the near side rear parking window.....and immediately found a bolt rattling around. It fell out onto the seat. Unfortunately, without removing the trim, I don't know that I am going to be able to put it back in, as I can't feel the hole it came from! That's the next stage I think. Have added a couple of pictures to show where I'm talking about.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

DaveBerlin wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:13 pm Mark, to save you looking here is the Battery Post - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9521#p75048
Thanks for your help once again Dave, very kind. I'll have a read of that thread later. I jad a look at my battery. No name on it....all I could see was 'Nissan Genuine Battery'. I'd assume if it was Varta, it would be vissible? I did see a little label with writing on it: 444RAC010. I've seen other posts saying RAC were replacing batteries.....could this be a replacement?? :?:

Cheers,
Mark
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mark, living out in Berlin I am not really up to speed with the RAC System, but the number you have quoted has an RAC No. within it. It would appear to me that this is an RAC replacement for the original FIAMM. Could you not contact the RAC (might be a long shot) for the manufacturer or just remove it to check it out. It appears that the VARTA Batteries are perhaps the new generation of Batteries for the QQ, I just cannot Fault ours at present - Dave 😊