Main Dealer First Service

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

Qashqai went in for its first service today, it's only covered 1826 miles from new, but the service had to be done to keep up with the warranty. I enjoyed the classic Main Dealer experience where they forgot to stamp / sticker the service book, even though I was told it had been done so I had to drive back and get them to do it, I should have known better and checked before I left.

Also, they updated the SatNav, it was running v2, so asked for v5 to be installed, guess what I found when I checked, no v5 but v3, looks like I'll be buying v5 from that well known shopping site.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Sounds par for the course - I've had the unstamped service book issue too.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Weasel wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:06 pm Qashqai went in for its first service today, it's only covered 1826 miles from new, but the service had to be done to keep up with the warranty. I enjoyed the classic Main Dealer experience where they forgot to stamp / sticker the service book, even though I was told it had been done so I had to drive back and get them to do it, I should have known better and checked before I left.

Also, they updated the SatNav, it was running v2, so asked for v5 to be installed, guess what I found when I checked, no v5 but v3, looks like I'll be buying v5 from that well known shopping site.
When you get your v5 map card you'll find it's really a v4 as they are always a year behind.
Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

Cheers guys...when I checked the card version in the service menu it finished with v3, but when I popped out the card this morning it has v4 on it, so you are absolutely right, Andy.

So, maybe I owe the Main Dealer an apology, but considering the service book and the fact that I ordered a courtesy car 3 weeks ago and didn't get one, so I had to sit in the dealers for 2 hours, then maybe not.

But, at least I got to drool over the new N-Tec, in that lovely Gun Metal grey with the black wheels, gloss black accents and black interior, as you can imagine I really like that particular Qash.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red