Sorry but

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Keefy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Keefy »

Been a driver since I was big enough to reach the pedals, I'm now 71, I've driven dozens of different makes and models, my first car cost £30 so you can imagine what that was like, I was a mini bus driver and had to cope with some right old, hard to drive, bangers when ours went in for a service or MOT but this Qashqai is the only vehicle that I have truly come to hate. This thing just loves to stall, usually in the most awkward place, try to creep forward and it cuts out, then the automatic brake jams on and it takes about 4 attempts to restart it, very embarrassing and dangerous, my wife hates it too and is very wary of driving it, the dealer says it's driver's error but I haven't stalled a car since I was learning back in the 60's, be glad to see the back of it.

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

That sounds like the Stop/Start awkwardness. And its a major nuisance... if not quite dangerous.

Auto hand brake...unnecessary
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Try another dealer, this one isn't listening to you.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Keffy, the Forum is a great place for venting problems but as Pandjh has suggested the place to Go is your Dealer - Service Mgr. or even the MD and state your problems or another Dealer. If you get no satisfaction then get on to NCS and stick your grievances in writing. It appears you have the latest QQ and therefore a 3 Year Guarantee which your Dealer should honour. We are on our 2nd QQ now and any problems on the 1st were solved by our Dealer - Best of Luck Dave 🙂
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
White_wolf

Post by White_wolf »

The brakes working on their own can be sorted with the software update.

As for stalling, it depends on the situation. If using the auto hold then I myself too have stalled a few times trying to set off quick and auto hold not yet stopped.

Do you use the auto hold? Switch it back off?

It can take a little getting used to.