Connecting to Mobile Wifi hotspot

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
gscicluna
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by gscicluna »

2020 (no sd card) infotainment system.

I can connect to home wifi without issues, but am unable to connect to Mobile Wifi hotspot. Sometimes it does not see SSID , when it recognizes SSID, it is unable to authenticate and gives 'WIFI connection failed' error message.
Anyone able to connect to mobile wifi hotspot?

Latest software updated.
1.5dci tekna+
2020 infotainment system (no sd)

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

What/where is the Mobile Hot spot and particularly what is the quality of the signal...e.g strength/level constant?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gscicluna

Post by gscicluna »

It's from my mobile a Mi9se? signal strength is fine, just does not authenticate. I would like to know if someone else has had this issue.
Other people can connect to the same hotspot without issues, only the nissan infotainment system does not connect.. It could be some APN setting or some incompatibility issue, or a nissan software problem/bug which needs to be updated..
1.5dci tekna+
2020 infotainment system (no sd)
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

I've been able to connect to my mobile as a hotspot. Its a Sumsung S8. Wifi sharing must be off.

Have to say it's sometimes problematic though.

In the infotainment connections, find the connection ur trying to connect to and do a 'forget' and try again.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

This type of problem reminds me of mobile phones 10 years back. I think it was Bluetooth pairing then and particularly Sony Erricson. Nokia got it right 1st time. BT being necessary to connect to a HP iPaq pocket PC to view business emails on the move.

I note a lot of wifi 2.4Ghz grizzling on a Canadian forum as regards Nissan....SSID detection and related failed Authentication being very fragile functions. Sony poor performance surprised me greatly...car manufacturers likely won't.

If the problem cannot be fixed by factory reset and latest firmware then the failure won't be solved locally. What plans there are to fix the problem will remain a mystery it seems...Nissan don't have a habit of keeping Customers informed...unless you phone them perhaps?

They've abandon NissanConnect for my N-Tec so I don't think I'd be interested in anything of theirs further up market.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta